$$ ?D E S O L A R - k a s a i [migos] type beat Bad & Boujee

Dope instrumental the futuristic sounds are dope they kinda sound industrial at first I wasn't sure if I was feeling the beat but once all the elements kicked in it grew on me. I really like the drums/patterns & melodies I feel the kick could knock a lil harder but other than that clean beat the added Migos sample is a nice touch as well.

Thank you for the feedback man. I wanted that kick to have more punch, but I'd start clipping if I did that. I have this tendency to mix my tracks at around -1 to -3 db.....my kick was also compressed. Any tips? I do overdrive and EQ.

Tips for getting punchier kicks I'm just gonna drop a bunch I'm not saying use all of them but these are things that can help make a kick more punchy try experimenting and see which ones work for the kick your using each kick is different a live kick drums is different to a electronic. EQ so boosting fundamentals in the kick or removing frequencies from another sound that may be clashing with the kick, compression (normal, parallel & side-chaining) all these can help, distortion/saturation you can apply these straight to the channel or through a bus/aux send, layering kicks together so take a kick with a sharp attack and one with some nice body and layer them to make a new improved kick, picking the correct kick sample at the start and using a soft clipper helps as well try all those things.
Thank you for the feedback man. I wanted that kick to have more punch, but I'd start clipping if I did that. I have this tendency to mix my tracks at around -1 to -3 db.....my kick was also compressed. Any tips? I do overdrive and EQ.

Back