Cypress Hill Hip Hop/Rock type beat (feed 4 feed 100%)

sweltobeats

The last beat I've posted was modern, so now I try with a completely different mood.

This beat is inspired to the rock beats on Skull & Bones of Cypress Hill.
I've done not more than 10 beats where the electric distorted guitar is the main instrument, so I want to know what do you think about it.

I want to underline that there is no sample inside: electric guitar, the refrain synth and the synth that start on the 2nd part of the verses are made with the same VST. Does anyone recognize which VST I've used? :cool:

P.S: If you like the track and you want to leave a comment on YT, I would apprecciate it.

Don't forget to leave your link, so I can return the favour!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
It goes hard, I dig the secondary synths more than the main one. Maybe would change up the drums more, but you probably kept em simple on purpose

Everything sounds pretty solid as far as the mix goes. Drums are nice. The guitar is sitting nicely in the mix. I personally don't like the vibe of the beat but thats just me. It sounds good tho.

Here to return the favor. The main guitar sounds like it could be layered more with other instruments. Wise the decision on not filling the beat up with too many sounds to leave room for the vocals but some change ups would be nice to keep the beat interesting. Good mix. Overall good job fam!

Good job on the productions. I think that it needs variation it could use a lot more instrumentation and experimentation. I do like it though, don't get me wrong I think you did a good job. Hey, it could just not be my style ya know :D. Cheers.

Dope beat, but it gets a bit repetitive imo..
The synths add variation to it and it sounds good but maybe messing around with the guitar riff could bring it back to life, could even change the vibes of the beat like some kendrick lamar shit ya feel me?

peace

Definitely has a rock/rap feel to it, and i can clearly hear back the cypresshill inspiration. I dig the idea's, but the main guitar needs a little more work i think, it's too -not naturally- for me. Loved the voxes on the sides by the way, certainly a good choice. Keep at it!

Sounds good man, I like the first synth and the drums are nice!
I like guitar but it could do with maybe a bit more beefing up if you know what I mean, and maybe even some variation in the melody.
Good job overall man!

The guitar on this is dope. Is that a sample? if so what sample? the drums go nice with it as well. Great job

Back