Critique this Vocal Mix

caycay

Could someone please help me critique the Vocal mix, for the track in the attachment? I'm not necessarily sure how vocal mixes should sound, and would like some hard criticism of any problems with the vocal mix. Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• Mixed.mp3
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
Vocals should be loudest thing in the mix, they don't stand out enough. Try bumping up the makeup gain on the compressor and increasing the gain on the eq in the higher frequencies. :cheers:, Otherwise NTB.

They sounds fine, could come up a fraction but they dont need to be too in your face its not that type of vibe. The panning sounds a little bit lopsided. Aim to have a more symmetrical image, so maybe the main vocal is mono centre and the ad libs or bvs are stereo imaged

Hi friend,

I think the vocals have to be more present. Bring them up to the front and create space for the vocals by putting instruments and some drums in the side fields. Hope this helps _ )

Hi friend,

I think the vocals have to be more present. Bring them up to the front and create space for the vocals by putting instruments and some drums in the side fields. Hope this helps _ )

I cant move the instruments. Its a pre-recorded mp3...

Back