Critique This. Tory Lanez Type Beat

bank

Hey People,
check out this Tory Lanez type beat.
Beat is FIRE in my opinion but open to all positive and negative feedback. Particularly in relation to the mix.
Peace

Last edited:
I think the mix is really tight. At first I was gonna say that the beat coming back in after that first silence in the beginning felt weak, like it should have hit harder, but I actually like the way it hits kind of soft and then builds into a really strong, full sound. awesome stuff

The drum work is dope they hit hard and the pattern is sick but for me personally I'm not feeling the bass that comes in doesn't sit well with the other sounds. As ryuuko said I like the beginning when the beat went silent but I think you should of added like a crash sound just before the beat dropped or a tape stop effect before it went silent, but overall mix sounds clean and dope beat.

I started a new channel I would appreciate it if you could check out my beats on my new channel.
YouTube

Thanks brother, I know what you mean by the initial drop would be more comvential to have it immediately drop with the 808 but I decided to produce it as if an artist was on it not just as a beat

I think the mix is really tight. At first I was gonna say that the beat coming back in after that first silence in the beginning felt weak, like it should have hit harder, but I actually like the way it hits kind of soft and then builds into a really strong, full sound. awesome stuff

Thanks brother, I know what you mean by the initial drop would be more comvential to have it immediately drop with the 808 but I decided to produce it as if an artist was on it not just as a beat

I know what you mean by the bass, I feel like it's one of those sounds that might not complement fully especially on earphones but on a system turned up it will shake the room. Will defs see if a crash fits again I'm Tryna keep itSimple with top line in mind.
Thanks cuz will check your shit out

The drum work is dope they hit hard and the pattern is sick but for me personally I'm not feeling the bass that comes in doesn't sit well with the other sounds. As ryuuko said I like the beginning when the beat went silent but I think you should of added like a crash sound just before the beat dropped or a tape stop effect before it went silent, but overall mix sounds clean and dope beat.

I started a new channel I would appreciate it if you could check out my beats on my new channel.
YouTube

Last edited:
I know what you mean by the bass, I feel like it's one of those sounds that might not complement fully especially on earphones but on a system turned up it will shake the room. Will defs see if a crash fits again I'm Tryna keep it
Minimal with top line in mind.
Thanks cuz will check your shit out

Wow nice sample beat bro!! I really like this melody!! and than that trap when you start!! nice , maybe an other 808 type or note and than is your beat perfect in my opinion!! Overall good beat bro i have subscribed your youtube channel would you pls return the favor!!

Back