Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Critique This. Tory Lanez Type Beat

Thanks

Critique This. Tory Lanez Type Beat

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey People,
    check out this Tory Lanez type beat.
    Beat is FIRE in my opinion but open to all positive and negative feedback. Particularly in relation to the mix.
    Peace

Last edited by bank; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:16 PM.

Thanks
    I think the mix is really tight. At first I was gonna say that the beat coming back in after that first silence in the beginning felt weak, like it should have hit harder, but I actually like the way it hits kind of soft and then builds into a really strong, full sound. awesome stuff

Thanks
    dope

Thanks
    The drum work is dope they hit hard and the pattern is sick but for me personally I'm not feeling the bass that comes in doesn't sit well with the other sounds. As ryuuko said I like the beginning when the beat went silent but I think you should of added like a crash sound just before the beat dropped or a tape stop effect before it went silent, but overall mix sounds clean and dope beat.

I started a new channel I would appreciate it if you could check out my beats on my new channel.
    YouTube

Thanks
    I dig it. I think that the empty part will be filled with an MC, so you don't need to add anything. Nice progression.

Return the feed here:
    Mycelial Cords - Thoughtful Conversation | J Cole x Isaiah Rashad

Thanks
    Thanks brother, I know what you mean by the initial drop would be more comvential to have it immediately drop with the 808 but I decided to produce it as if an artist was on it not just as a beat

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ryuuko View Post
    I think the mix is really tight. At first I was gonna say that the beat coming back in after that first silence in the beginning felt weak, like it should have hit harder, but I actually like the way it hits kind of soft and then builds into a really strong, full sound. awesome stuff
    Thanks brother, I know what you mean by the initial drop would be more comvential to have it immediately drop with the 808 but I decided to produce it as if an artist was on it not just as a beat

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rag View Post
    dope
    Thanks bro

Thanks
    I know what you mean by the bass, I feel like it's one of those sounds that might not complement fully especially on earphones but on a system turned up it will shake the room. Will defs see if a crash fits again I'm Tryna keep itSimple with top line in mind.
    Thanks cuz will check your shit out

Quote Originally Posted by HailCaesar View Post
    The drum work is dope they hit hard and the pattern is sick but for me personally I'm not feeling the bass that comes in doesn't sit well with the other sounds. As ryuuko said I like the beginning when the beat went silent but I think you should of added like a crash sound just before the beat dropped or a tape stop effect before it went silent, but overall mix sounds clean and dope beat.

I started a new channel I would appreciate it if you could check out my beats on my new channel.
    YouTube
    Last edited by bank; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:05 AM.

Thanks
    [QUOTE=bank;50074002]

I know what you mean by the bass, I feel like it's one of those sounds that might not complement fully especially on earphones but on a system turned up it will shake the room. Will defs see if a crash fits again I'm Tryna keep it
    Minimal with top line in mind.
    Thanks cuz will check your shit out

Thread Information