Critique my beat

Disclaimer i have only seriously been learning production for a few months but have played around for a few years

To me it sounds OK but improvements could be made. Firstly it sounds like you have loops that you are bringing in and out, which is fine, but there is no transition to different parts. Andrew Huang made a video called "How to make TRACKS and not LOOPS". Second, on the note of transitions a build up to 1:04 would help so much rather than just dropping sounds without buildup.

A few things I like are the deep vocal bits at the beginning and end, as well as the deep bass that you almost feel more than hear. The high synth stabs toward the end sound good and I feel like they should be introduced earlier. The bell-like sounds have a quality that sounds really nice paired with the reverb, and fit super well with the mood of the track. Lastly the underlying pad that holds the track together is a very nice (and essential) touch.

Xavi, I like what you got and keep working hard.
-Mopey

First off thanks I appreciate the feedback on my beat I posted.

I like where you’re going with your track the no sleep. But I would try introducing a new sound some where in the verse and in the hook the break was nice but that sound you brought in during the break could’ve been introduced earlier with some tweaks like a filter or maybe gross beat or something and then dropped the effects during the break so it sounds different but not so drastic that it’ll throw artist off. But other than that you have the main ideas down just really more on arrangement

Back