Companion [F4F]

really good work on this! im really liking the relaxing vibes, the beat is very interesting as well. nice mixing on the vocals as well!

maybe its just my taste, but im not a big fan of this track. it feels cheap on the production and the vocals are awkward and uncomfortable for me. i think the lyrics are vague and dont really make sense even in an abstract kind of way, they just seem a little surface level and "zany". The song is way too long for what it offers, and the lack of variation in the beat makes the companion hook blend in, resulting in a weaker track structure. overall the song feels unfocused and unrefined, almost like it was made in a day or two, which i have certainly done before haha, that's how i know. i think there is a good starting point here, and i remember listening to previous tracks of yours and thinking the same, like the ideas could be developed into something that's actually enjoyable AND artistic or abstract. try spending more time with your tracks, and listen to them again and again over a week or something like that, if you have access to people who can give you honest feedback hit them up too. at their current state the tracks are underwhelming, boring, and cheap-sounding. im not trying to be mean, im trying to do the same thing as you, getting my music heard and sharing it, but i also know that i want to be told the truth when my stuff is not up to par. keep on trying!

be honest with me here
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...nd-me-dragon-boy-jig-f4f-545606/#post50088426

maybe its just my taste, but im not a big fan of this track. it feels cheap on the production and the vocals are awkward and uncomfortable for me. i think the lyrics are vague and dont really make sense even in an abstract kind of way, they just seem a little surface level and "zany". The song is way too long for what it offers, and the lack of variation in the beat makes the companion hook blend in, resulting in a weaker track structure. overall the song feels unfocused and unrefined, almost like it was made in a day or two, which i have certainly done before haha, that's how i know. i think there is a good starting point here, and i remember listening to previous tracks of yours and thinking the same, like the ideas could be developed into something that's actually enjoyable AND artistic or abstract. try spending more time with your tracks, and listen to them again and again over a week or something like that, if you have access to people who can give you honest feedback hit them up too. at their current state the tracks are underwhelming, boring, and cheap-sounding. im not trying to be mean, im trying to do the same thing as you, getting my music heard and sharing it, but i also know that i want to be told the truth when my stuff is not up to par. keep on trying!

be honest with me here
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...nd-me-dragon-boy-jig-f4f-545606/#post50088426
Thanks for your honest feedback. Just wanted to know more about what strikes you as awkward and uncomfortable in the vocals just for future reference.

to try and describe it, it's like you really put alot of effort into "sounding deep" and being emotional without actually feeling any emotion. i cant really find the words, i just know the feeling, sorry i cant explain better! on a couple more listens i can say the lyrics are more cohesive, but their delivery is what makes them unimpactful. good luck!

I think the beat can be better but the vocal is pretty well mixed. The sub bass preset is nice too. Thank you for your feedback on my beat ;)

if i were you i would raise the vocals more. the mixing is incredible and this tracks really good good luck homie

Back