Common - 6th Sense (Archangels Remix) F4F

wildinout8

New joint I remixed by Common - let me know the good, the bad and the ugly and I will always return feedback and Soundcloud follows 100%.

You took two really dope songs and made them into great sounding remixes..What is that sound on the Common remix around 2.02? it sounds like a reversed stringed instrument, but its percussive and melodic and really dope.. I don't remember hearing that at all in the original. The royce-da-59 track was really great too, but I felt the synth parts you added sounded a little too metallic sounding, maybe if they sounded warmer, more analog, I think they would blend better with the overall feel of the track. Don't get me wrong, it is a a really good sounding remix. really great work bro.

I really like your remix. This shit is dope as always.
I have nothing to criticise. Well done!
Thanks for the SC comment and like. I returned that of course.

Last edited:
I forgot to ask...what did you use to do these remixes??

I appreciate the feedback and support, Chile, and below is what I used to create the remix.

FL Studio 11
Acapellas4U - Common acapella
8Dio Free Angels (free vst!) - main melody
FM8 - sub bass and synth bass
Sampleism Boards of Canada (BOC) 1 - chorus synth
Absynth 5 - 3rd verse arp
MusicRadar Guitar Riff loop (free!) - 3rd verse guitar
Maschine Native Instruments True School pack, Music Radar drum samples (free!) - drums

Hope this helps and let me know if you need any other info on sounds - I have a problem with getting too many synths and drum packs

This is too dope man. The drum work fits perfectly with Common's flow. Also love the sounds you added in. Nothing negative to say here. Great job!

I like the remix and based off of the work you did to make it this is really dope. Mix is great, though the snare is a little loud for my taste. Everything flows and works well together. Now coming as a fan of common I wish you would have taken a more laid back approach to the beat. This is completely personal preference though and I do **** with the remix. Nice job

I like the remix and based off of the work you did to make it this is really dope. Mix is great, though the snare is a little loud for my taste. Everything flows and works well together. Now coming as a fan of common I wish you would have taken a more laid back approach to the beat. This is completely personal preference though and I do **** with the remix. Nice job

I appreciate the feed and the snare volume has been the main change I've had on my mind - will go in and edit that a bit.

Definitely digging the sounds man! As a DJ myself, I appreciate the cutting and scratching addition. Like you said, as long as u fix the pitch, track is Golden!

Man those drums are so solid! You clearly have mad talent. i've listened twice already. Great work!

Back