Chilled hip hop beat: The Neptunes/N.E.R.D : Feedback Returned

mangoman

Made a beat. Would say it's pretty much my own style, kinda inspired by the Neptunes and their N.E.R.D. kinda vibe but less rocky.

Stand With Me by mango | Mango Tango | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Will return feedback, if you like follow haha (shameless self promotion I know). Want to know what I can do to improve in general though. I feel like the past couple of months I've got a lot better despite having pretty small tools to work but want to improve even more so be as critical as possible in your feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sounds very interesting. At first I felt like there was a problem with main melody but then I got used to it but you should def add reverb to it to make it more exciting. Plus the synth eclipses the main melody in first verse, it should be a sub layer. Drum pattern tells us "yo, just listen to this and chill, do nothing else" which is good if that was your intention.

F4F Ace Hood x Juicy J type beat

Last edited:
The beat is structured very nicely has a lot of variation the main melody as "holdmymusic" said could of used some reverb to make it sound a lot nice and blend better but overall the beats very nice and chill, the drum pattern is nice the drums could be a lil louder like the hats they seem to be very low in the mix.

Check out my track.
[F4F] Nicki Minaj x French Montana Type Beat "FREAK"

Sounds very interesting. At first I felt like there was a problem with main melody but then I got used to it but you should def add reverb to it to make it more exciting. Plus the synth eclipses the main melody in first verse, it should be a sub layer. Drum pattern tells us "yo, just listen to this and chill, do nothing else" which is good if that was your intention.

Thanks for the feedback. I sent feedback in your thread btw. Yeah I tried to make it drum heavy, used like 4 different sets of kicks. I'll look into the reverb though and tweak it a little. I think I may have made it glide a bit too much so it makes that sound, which was kinda what I was going for but I've probably overshot the porta a little in the guitar by a bit.

Thanks for the feedback though, very useful bro.

really cool vibe, and i think it's pretty dope. i don't really feel a N.E.R.D vibe but like you said it was just loosely inspired and mixed with your own style so that's cool. I feel like overall the song was kind of sparse, and could have used some more movement and sound, because as just a beat it felt empty. If this is a track that you intended to have someone rap over then it's perfect, because i think it's one of those minimal type beats that could really be brought to life by an artist, but other wise a few more sounds might help to fatten it. great stuff man, keep it up!

check it out
what do you call it when batman skips church? |F4F|

Last edited:
Sounds like a video game track i love this man i could see this on a side scrolling adventure game very nice man im impressed sir i salute u

I see what you're going for here, I like it. But the sounds in it sound so basic and flat. If you could do a bit more mixing and maybe even some panning this could go a long ways.

Keep it up!

Ball by Bourbon Boy Beats | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Ball [FREE BEAT] - YouTube
Big fan of the drums here, what DAW do you use? What kind of settings do you use when mixing the drums?

Also reckon for the second verse you could change the dynamics again so it doesn't sound the same as the first with maybe some EQing or playing the melody lower(or even doing some other variations of the tune). Other than that it seems cool, maybe get the violin to blend in more with the song as it sticks out slightly too much(although I like the violin in the song). It has the kind of epic final boss beat vibe. Wonder what it would sound like with somebody rapping on it.

Good work man. Keep it up.

I think you could really improve on the instrument sounds used. They are just a bit boring and simple sounding. I think the melody writing is pretty good and interesting, you just need some more interesting textures and sounds to complement it.
Will look into that. I'm pretty new to this, been doing this on and off for the past 5 or so months.

Gonna send feedback in the other thread. Good work though.

Last edited:
Made a beat. Would say it's pretty much my own style, kinda inspired by the Neptunes and their N.E.R.D. kinda vibe but less rocky.

Hey man this was a nice refreshing listen compared to most of the usual trap and boom bap on here. Your style is warm and gives summer vibes. Personally the mix is dull though, some work on the master could fill up the space. Around 1:40 hits much better than the rest of the instrumental.

Check out my latest when you can: ?? AYEM - MOMENTS (F4F all feedback returned) ??

nice unique sound, that cover art is on point tho. def a NERD vibe!
Peep this:
THE GIFT by Luwi | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Thanks bro. Got a few more tracks in the pipeline but I'm just in the mixing phase of the songs atm. Struggling with workflow atm lol.

I like your track. Big fan of the guitar in the song, the bass isn't too high, you've used atmospheric sounds well to stop the song from sounding empty. I like your flow. Funnily enough one of the comments was saying you have a Isaiah Rashad kind of flow, but it even sounds a bit Kid Cudi like, especially the end when you're melodic rapping. Like how you altered the panning of your voice around 1:25 and did an EQ/pitch shift as well. It worked really well. In all honesty this is a really good track. I can't find anything at fault. Maybe make the music duck a little more so we hear the vocals slightly more when you're doing the verses(I like how the vocals ducked under the music at parts tbf, just not during the verses).

What DAW do you use?

Back