Chill OVO Type Beat f4f

Wow, this is super dope. The synth is perfect. The pads are huge, everything is arranged exactly where it should be, mix is just right to give that trancey, airy feel. Awesome track man.

chord progression is smooth and defnitely in the style of OVO.
IMO.. you might have added too many sounds to get that true "drake" sound, he likes his minimalistic beats that he can sing over.
BUT.. I think you changed the beat up a ton, which kept everything interesting, and i think the long build up definitely was dope.

Keep doing your thing man,

check me out: Mick Jenkins x Kirk Knight x Isaiah Rashad Type Beat - F4F

Pretty dope, dude.

the only suggestion:

GET SOME BASS IN THERE.

big ups

edit:

kick, not "bass" per se

Last edited:
At first I wasn't feeling it until the crash hat roll into the lead sounded amazing, anyway I think you may need a different kick sample in there cuz it doesn't feel right to me, and the other thing was it did take a while to drop but I see you intentionally did that. Good beat, thanks for the feedback on mine!

I listened to that switched out beat. I must say you have made good use of the space with some of your panning and I love that crash at 48 seconds. I listened to this through a laptop so it may because it was in the format of laptop speakers but that main synth lead that comes in afterwards, is very much at the front of the mix, I may say a bit too forward but and I am not sure if it is because of the speakers I am using. Anyway really like you arrangement, you have done a great job!

Very good instrument , I love the atmosphere of it , the synth is perfectly adds and add another color to the music. It really looks like an OVO instrumental !Good job!
Check my last beat on youtube and give me feedback directly on it it if you can ;)
The link on YOUTUBE : /watch?v=rwJlaQ_VMLU

Great Track! The atmosphere of that beat is really dope.
Nice choice of Synths udn mixing seems to be on point.
Keep it up!

Dope spacey atmosphere mate,I like the bassy drums on this one,the leads are pretty sick too,It keeps me chilled,the piano breakdown was intense,Keep it up!

P.S:Apologies for the late feed!

Back