Chill & Melodic Beat made by calmawaves

calmawaves

Hi guys, this is probably the best beat i've made so far.. I've been producing since the start of april so almost 5 month.. I really love good melody n harmonies (probably a bit hard to rap over, at least the ones I've made so far, but i'm striving hard to improve!!)
Let me know what you think, whether its good or bad.

Thank you guys :D

Also drop your beat links in the comments so i can return the favor!

YouTube

Really good beat. If i had to pick anything to change in it i would make the piano melody to change up to an answer every fourth repetition (go down in melody at the end of the repetition). I think it would be a nice satisfying change somewhere towards the middle to end to switch from just repeating the question to having an answer. Although this is supposed to be trap based drums i would try to "blend" in the snare just a little to the beat (probably with some reverb) but that's probably more personal preference. A slight variation in timbre of the instruments could work, perhaps becoming slightly rougher and more intense towards the end to add a feeling of build up.

Honestly it's great the way it is though, Just spitballing ideas to add that extra coat of gloss which you may or may not want. Good job.

Hi Olie, Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it. I must agree with you that some more variation in the melody would fit the beat very well, but i had a lot of trouble getting the sounds to fit together when i mixed and created the beat. And good idea with the snare, adding some more bounce to it.

I will try some of the stuff you mentioned when i get home from work,

ty for the ideas!

i love the kyoto part of the beat, i like it a lot. however,beats like this tend to get pushed into a overwelming sea of 'all beats sound the same'. i would send a link to show you how i feel this could be avoided, but look up joji type beats and see how you could merge the two. youll have an original sound on your hands in no time.

I appreciate it bro. And i know the joji / lofi style, and I like it a lot. But those beats are probably more singing beats, rather than rap beats. I feel like it would be hard to change the energy this beat has, towards the slow and vibey joji /lofi style. But I will be trying to make one as my next beat, so stay tuned :DDD

Back