Chill Hip Hop Beat - "Be Somebody" (F4F)

I love the vibe of this track, only criticism would be the low drone synth not being in key with the rhodes, if that's what it is anyways. But other than that, the mix is on point! The panning of the percussion is really dope, good work on this...

The vibe of this track is very nice,the bass is strong and the singing brings a nice contrast to the whole production,the synths and the rhodes make the track even more ambient,the drums are very well mixed,no flaws,Keep it up!

Thanks for the feedback!

- Nice chill vibes
- I like the drum pattern and the bounce you get from it
- I feel the kick could knock harder but i could be trippin
- I think you should EQ out some lower frequenices from the sample/main pad you have to make more space for the drums
- I would turn up the snare a little too

Only thing i would imrpove is the mix/contrast of the drums with the main instrument to make the overall track more clean

I dig the beat fam. Its really chilled and has a pretty decent mix on it. I think your low bass synth is out of tune with your pads/keys. That kind of messes up the vibe. If you fix that, it'll make a difference. Keep up the good work homie.

Late 90's east coast vibe is what I'm hearing. The ambience is a nice addition, I often use the same technique to make my beats sound more dreamy, oldschool drums, nice one man. One thing you could fix in my opinion is the kick lacks kick if you know what I mean? Maybe use 2.4dB compression on it, see how that works for you. Nice flow on the piano sample. You made it work and it works smoothly. Nice one.

Return the favor: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...od-up-yung-lean-type-instrumental-f4f-506569/

I really like that relaxed vibe of the beat.
Especially the panning is well done.
In my opinion the kick drum could use a bit more presence but this could be just my personal preference.
Your flow perfectly fits to that beat. Well done.
Keep it up!

Hello,

at first I found the strange harmony (with "out" notes) to be very very good, but now I am wondering if you really did this on purpose... I have the feeling that some notes are out of tune and that you did not do this explicitely.
That being said it gives a strange, chilled but interesting atmosphere, with this dissonant jazzy chords that were not meant to be played together :)

I would have loved some punchier drums, especially the kick. But maybe it would kill the lazy, relaxed ambience, I don't know.
Will check your others tracks !
Meanwhile, if you want to give feedback:

For F4F: In Your Head, first beat after long time...

This beat got a nice groove. pads are interesting. Drums are solid and kept my head bobbing. You might want to switch up the drum pattern at some point just to give it a little variation. Also a switch up in the chords potentionally. overall good work though

Here is a link to a thread of mine for a beat i co produced with djay cas
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...irty-south-etc/oz-joeyjeff-x-djay-cas-506048/

you can follow me on twitter at: twitter.com/joeyjeff
my facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/joeyjeffproductions
my instagram is: instagram.com/joeyjeff

Back