chill boom bap beat f4f

Those drums are really nice! I like reverb on the snare. I like the real "live" feel of the drums with the synthesizers you used. Really cool track. Also nice progression on this one! This one definitely stands out as one of my favorites of yours!

Here is the link to my latest when you get a moment: My stuff sounds like dreams (Feed For Feed)

Those drums are really nice! I like reverb on the snare. I like the real "live" feel of the drums with the synthesizers you used. Really cool track. Also nice progression on this one! This one definitely stands out as one of my favorites of yours!

Here is the link to my latest when you get a moment: My stuff sounds like dreams (Feed For Feed)
Yea Those are live drums then parallel compressed and used a room mic for natural reverb then put a sort decay reverb on the parallel bus. just experimenting with live instruments. glad you liked it

The beat is real dope . Really like all the instrumentation you use and mix sound very clean . Nice build up and structure also . I feel there is to much going on at 1 min 50 , all sound need to be lower a bit and mixed better . I been there and i know its hard to mix when you have alot of sound going on at the same time . My other advice would be to not use drum break . This way you can cut the kick , clap , snare , hi hats or cymbal at some spots to give more character to the track . On top of that you will be able to mix each sound perfectly so the drum get more presence and get a better overall quality with the drums . You can reacreate that drum pattern easily and it would sound better . It suck to mix a drum break and it will help you if you ever get a mojor placement to have drum you build your own so the mixing engeneer can get the best out of it . The track overall is real dope tough and sound very creative . Keep up that good work homie .

Edit : sry did'nt know this was live drum you actually play in real time , my bad .

Last edited:
Loving the chill vibe of the track. Not a big faan of boom bap percussion, but it still sits well with the track. The sampled vocal is a nice touch to the track. Really loving the fill ins at 1:50, very sentimental. The panning of the gated pad is an awesome touch as well. I think some of the notes on the gated pad could be changed because it doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of hte track sometimes, but that might just be me being used to more "standard" genres. Great work nonetheless homie!!!!

Here's my thread. Let me know what you think!

In my opinion your drums go a bit to agressive for a chill-boom-bap-beat but this is a question of personal taste i guess.

I listened through all your soundcloud tracks and wanted to say that i liked 3 tracks most of all :

- Fracture (goes well with your typical synthesizer sounds ... raw , hard , edgy sound / you can feel the waveform through your speakers)
- White Lies Rough Mix ( good komposition...this is really a chill beat. also the choice of sounds is great. Your pads and the background vox create an awesome atmosphere)
- Underwater Hollywood Principle ( Great sound. very nice vocals and good atmosphere but your synths destroy it..they sound to hard in my ears)

I want also to mention that you like hard synthesizers a lot ( saw and rectangle) and one can hear it when listening to your tracks. Gives the tracks something special but in my ears it also can destroy a lot if you overextend, and thats waht actually happened at some of your tracks.

In general i will drop in from time to time and listen to your sounds - i m following you now on SC. If you need more precise feedback or comments, hit me on facebook or SC.

Also feel free to drop in at my SC !
Peace !

Back