can't get the sub bass to sit just right on thisssss

Feelin this bro...Nice job. Everything sounds decent to me xcept for that high lead noise at 1:12 is a bit loud. Other than that I like it alot.

https://soundcloud.com/vayce/sunsets

forgot how to put the player itself in here but there's the link.... does the bass sound off? or am I nuts. btw this mix is hell-ish-ly loud.... beware

Fam, this track is really nice. Do you listen to a lot of future beats, Soulection, etc.? I can tell you're inspiration and conceptualization is very refined.

Here's a few notes:

Pros:

1) Sounds: the sound selection was absolutely ON POINT. Very unique, a wide variety, cohesive.
2) The track was interesting, transitions kept me listening, well pieced together
3) The levels of the track actually aren't terrible, and your bass isn't as bad as you think.

Cons:

1) With a couple adjustments on the EQ and balancing of some of your sounds (i.e. reverb, panning, etc.) your leads can have that extra WOW factor. Use one of your favorite tracks as a reference, then listen to yours. Compare and contrast, and repeat the process,

2) I think the reason you aren't completely happy with your Sub Bass is the frequencies. You have a lot going on in the higher end frequencies, which takes away from hits of the sub. If you were to even add simple reverb / bring down the levels of your higher frequency tracks, your sub might sit nicer. Also, are you using side chain compression with your higher frequencies and your kick / sub?

Sorry if this post was a lot, trying to help out in whatever way that I can.

Overall, superb. Keep doing you're thing and getting better every single day.

Check me out: Mick Jenkins x Kirk Knight x Isaiah Rashad Type Beat - F4F

Love the feedback. I haven't even attempted side chain compression mostly because i don't understand it. I know I need to learn though XD i've got soo many sounds and plugins it's unreal

Back