Can't Connect with Anyone [F4F]

Cool track man! You really capture the feeling of the beat with the vocals, you might want to push the vocals a bit more. Since ENG is not my native language I have a some problems with following the lyrics without the text in front.
The beat it self is well mixed, from my personal reference I would like more of the 808 and lower the melody a bit so the vocals pops more =)

You have a cool style going on and a nice voice, more of this man!

the vocals sound a little bit out of tune and to fast for this beat. The beat sounds cool, but for my taste is to soft and gentle mixed in the context with the loud vocals.

Man part of me wanted to not like this song but i enjoyed it and it sounds like your having fun time making music u have a wild style sir but it works 4 u

The flow is slightly off beat, maybe this is what you were going for. The vocals are also out of tune and a bit loud in the mix.

As in completely out of tune? The engineer was the one that told me the notes to sing (this is a new engineer that I worked with just to try it out). So the fact that they are off I can only blame the engineer because I originally sang the song differently but changed because I trust other people’s (the engineer, in this case) ears when recording.

i like this man but like others have said something seems off, your flow is on point and the beat is sick though.

I really like the style you had, it's unique and it really catches the ear and makes me wanna listen. The only real problem is your pitch is pretty off in a lot of it. Some notes are completely off and for most of the song you sound pretty flat. Try throwing some slow autotune that's in the key of the song on your vocals. Use enough so that it corrects the notes but doesn't sound like autotune, that is what it's made for after all. Autotune won't fix the notes that were way off though. Just practice, practice, practice. Sing along to songs you like and try to match their pitch and record it and see if it was on. Watch some tutorials or if you have the money go to some classes. I love the style and the vibe of this track and I really wanna hear more, you just gotta work on your pitch.

I really like the style you had, it's unique and it really catches the ear and makes me wanna listen. The only real problem is your pitch is pretty off in a lot of it. Some notes are completely off and for most of the song you sound pretty flat. Try throwing some slow autotune that's in the key of the song on your vocals. Use enough so that it corrects the notes but doesn't sound like autotune, that is what it's made for after all. Autotune won't fix the notes that were way off though. Just practice, practice, practice. Sing along to songs you like and try to match their pitch and record it and see if it was on. Watch some tutorials or if you have the money go to some classes. I love the style and the vibe of this track and I really wanna hear more, you just gotta work on your pitch.

Thanks for listening bro! I actually take singing classes once a week (been doing so for quite a while now) and I practice everyday at home. I think the problem was the engineer I worked with because he told me to sing along to his piano rather than me just sing naturally to just the beat.

Edit: I didn’t even mix this - the engineer at that studio - whom I recorded with - did all of the vocal mixing. He used autotune but the autotune seems off - but I didn’t know if it was just me or it was simply the engineer not doing his job properly. I feel like I was taken to the wrong direction, completely; he made me sing this a different way to how I originally wrote the melody. This is the last time I’m working with this guy. I worked with him with my previous song “I saw my mother again, today” and there was a similar issue (although not as bad as this song).

Last edited:
I have deleted the song. I will re-record this song, with the engineer I worked with on some of my previous songs, and then repost this on my soundcloud. I've learned a valuable lesson to never allow an engineer/producer to control how I record a song.

Last edited:
Back