Builder - Meursault

really dope kick, but a little bit to heavy that the organ pumpin in the backgound. The vocalcuts are nice placed in the arrangement. good job man

It's like three different songs in one! It works pretty well though. I think the kick sounds a bit harsh compared to the rest of the track, could do with being dialed back a bit.

the vocals are a really nice touch to the track, i also think the mixing off the track is great, however i too think the drums kick a bit too hard, too much bass, if you turned it down it would sound alot better

Don't listen to them, the kick is perfect. This track has so much energy I'm vibing to it so well. The snare's high frequencies are way too loud though, you should smoothen the eq curve a bit. Shot you a follow Im curious to see what you're up to next

I like the kick hit, snare fits well with it. Sample is very nice, that's for sure. Chill beat overall. Mix sounds balanced and master is okay. Like how it sounds once more, you have a cool prod style. Keep the beats coming! Could you review this beat here i made?

I agree with the kick comment, maybe a little overdone with the compression I'm not too sure. Love the guitar that enters around 0:51, but too harsh for such a mellow song. Also the synth breakdown around 1:00 feels a little out of place. Its a cool style but I think I would prefer a different styled breakdown bit, maybe some softer instruments. Decent track though, mix sounds pretty damn good!

The vocal sample is cool, i actually really dig the guitar but it just feels a bit out of place, i would re-purpose that guitar for an evil joint or something. Mix is cool too

Dope samples. Personally I don't like the kick I feel it's a bit too hard but it does work for this song. Love the organ adds a nice vibe to the track throughout. Smooth track the only thing I don't really like is the kick, like the other drumwork though, and how you add and slow down the feel of the song using the triangle-also like that you weren't lazy with the triangle and played different notes now and then, makes a big difference-alot of people dont bother to do that.

https://soundcloud.com/rdmiller/element here's mine when you get a chance

nice ideas, I feel however the drums sound dull and dry compared to the other elements in the mix. Try adding some airy reverb to the drums to make it mesh more and something about the compression isn't quite popping. I would have probably chose different drum sounds but that's just me. Nice job overall

Back