Boom bap. Chill shit. F4f.

S-Cruz

Hey guys, real simple beat right here but I like how it turned out. Let me know what you think, I could still put some more work into it but Im a little reluctant to because it sounds pretty good as is. Anyway, hit me up.

Last edited:
^agree on that, just some slight variation will do it
also i would like to hear the drums more, they sound kinda drowned out
a bit too much reverb on the piano imo but the melody is dope
other than that i like what i'm hearing!

Alright, I hear you guys. This is why I post here!!! Appreciate it. I see myself making changes to this tomorrow....

sorry man it doesnt looks like a boombap at all ... the mix is ruined ... it like bunch of sound are struggling and fighting

Last edited:
Appreciate the feedback guys. I have since DELETED IT and will update this thread when its reposted. Just wanted to get some opinions, Ill work on it !!!

Ok, uploaded the newer version. THIS IS A NIGHTMARE TO MIX, STILL NOT HAPPY WITH THE MIX YET. ANY HELP, IDEAS!?

Liking it man, about the mix, Id say its good, but its missing finess. I think the problem is that everything is a bit all over the place. The individual mix's sound good (The drums for example sound good individually, the strings too etc.) But altogether it sounds to me like the volumes could be improved a bit.
This is what I think I would do and see if its any better.
1. Strings that continuously play in background - Decrease volume a bit.
2. Strings that come in during chorus - Decrease volume slightly and try panning 1 set of strings to the right and the 2nd set of strings to the left speaker.(see how it sounds)
3. Make sure no output is distorting.
And add a compressor to the output track, compress everything together a little.

I hope this helps a bit man, either way, very nice track, keep making more songs man, every good stuff.

Have a listen to my latest track,

Brand new contemporary dance/rock Instrumental - Rockfall (Long teaser) - YouTube

Last edited:
Hi S-Cruz,
The tempo of the track seemed a bit slow, the melody part from 1:20 to 1:43 seems a bit of time to me, (sorry for my lack of technical terms :D), and it sounds
a bit too artificial and melody a bit simple minded, maybe some more original chord progressions or melodies I would appreciate (sorry for being such a critical dickhead :/)

I appreciate your effort!

Have a nice day S-Cruz :)

And sorry for bothering you, but I wanted to ask you for a feedback on my track I did yesterday:

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...back/flying-lotus-vs-jamiroquai-track-467415/

Thank you very much :) And sorry, for me being a bit ******* maybe :/

Yo that organ or whatever it is is dope. Sounds crazy. Anyways, I think you could make those string sounds that come in a little more epic or realistic sounding, I think it would set the record over the dope. Also I think you could use a stronger snare or one with a little more character the one you have works but its nothing CRAZY feel me? Anyways return the feed when you can - https://www.futureproducers.com/for...k9-produced-myself-|-feed-4-feed-100%-467358/

uploaded my newest version. Appreciate the help guys. Its gotten a lot better with the feedback I think.

That extra instrument really helped, it's quiet enough to not detract from the other stuff but it has enough presence to distract ears from the repetition.

Im really feeling this beat. But like stated earlier, it sounds a little to congested. I saw that you said you deleted this version and is working on it so Im not worried. Its real smooth though I give it a 10 tbh. Just mix it better. I want to hear the newer version when it is put out.

Im really feeling this beat. But like stated earlier, it sounds a little to congested. I saw that you said you deleted this version and is working on it so Im not worried. Its real smooth though I give it a 10 tbh. Just mix it better. I want to hear the newer version when it is put out.
Thanks a lot man. I feel like I got it as good as I can personally make it right now. Any more tweaking and it will actually make it worse I feel. I just have a lot to learn and a lot of practice to do with mixing. Thanks though.

Back