Blow the roof: New Trap beat I made

The idea is nice, but really you left totally no space for any artist to work on this. The sound on the melody is way too overpowering and it just eats up all the frequencies, creating a very harsh and busy sound which is sad really because you created a pretty good trappy melody. Keep working man I think you got potential just keep experimenting !

Make sure to check out my latest beat as well, let me know your thoughts ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZgz1N2CdR4

The idea is nice, but really you left totally no space for any artist to work on this. The sound on the melody is way too overpowering and it just eats up all the frequencies, creating a very harsh and busy sound which is sad really because you created a pretty good trappy melody. Keep working man I think you got potential just keep experimenting !

Make sure to check out my latest beat as well, let me know your thoughts ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZgz1N2CdR4

Hey man thanks for the crit. You are right. I actually turned the brass down -2 db in my last mix but it really needs to be more! That's something I need to work on: less melodies all the time and leave space for the rapper. Thanks for the perspective! I tossed you a sub on youtube (it's ok you don't HAVE to sub back haha).

As for your beat I firstly I would like to say I really like how it is mixed. Not hard on the ears at all in the upper mid frequencies and sounds nice and analogue to my ears. I'm working towards your level with my mixing so well done :)
As for the beat, you really do a good job of laying the groundwork for a rapper to spit over: great sounding drums with a nice chord progression. The only criticism I have is that the chord progression is rather common and all over the place in pop music and your accompanying instruments just seem to support the chord progression instead of creating interesting hooks on their own. So basically you took a common chord prog, added supporting elements, and drums without really stamping a melody/riff/hook of your own in the writing process.

But I think perhaps I overemphasise this point where I leave little space for the rapper to do work in some of my own beats, with perhaps too many melodies. This is supposed to be a backdrop to the rapper anyways. But I think there is a happy medium between the two extremes. Anyways keep up the good work man, you definitely sound professional.

Hey man thanks for the crit. You are right. I actually turned the brass down -2 db in my last mix but it really needs to be more! That's something I need to work on: less melodies all the time and leave space for the rapper. Thanks for the perspective! I tossed you a sub on youtube (it's ok you don't HAVE to sub back haha).

As for your beat I firstly I would like to say I really like how it is mixed. Not hard on the ears at all in the upper mid frequencies and sounds nice and analogue to my ears. I'm working towards your level with my mixing so well done :)
As for the beat, you really do a good job of laying the groundwork for a rapper to spit over: great sounding drums with a nice chord progression. The only criticism I have is that the chord progression is rather common and all over the place in pop music and your accompanying instruments just seem to support the chord progression instead of creating interesting hooks on their own. So basically you took a common chord prog, added supporting elements, and drums without really stamping a melody/riff/hook of your own in the writing process.

But I think perhaps I overemphasise this point where I leave little space for the rapper to do work in some of my own beats, with perhaps too many melodies. This is supposed to be a backdrop to the rapper anyways. But I think there is a happy medium between the two extremes. Anyways keep up the good work man, you definitely sound professional.

Thanks for taking your time to really drop your insights and give targeted feedback. And yea I kind of get what your saying however trap/hip hop music's succes is to me the simplicity, people resonate with that. I don't want to make beats that you need to sit down and listen for an hour to disect the whole thing. I want to create a vibe where people are like damn I'm vibing to this do I even know this song you understand? And I'm a big fan of melodic rappers like Drake/Travis/Quavo,.. these guys come up with contrasting melodies them selves and sound way more interesting then an extra instrument to me. However I really get whay your saying but I guess it's also a matter of which audience you're trying to target and which feeling you want to transcend to people ! Once again thanks for your very well formulated opinion and for the sub !

Back