Behind the Falls (Part I) F4F 100% Gauranteed

Rogey

Finished this today, hope you guys like it. All feedback will be returned, drop links below.

EDIT: EDITED THE TRACK AND REPLACED IT AS OF NOW, SWITCHED UP THE KICK, LOOKED AT LOW ENDS, VARIED UP DRUMS. AS PER REQUESTED AS THE PEOPLE COMMENTING :)

Last edited:
I like this a lot bro, really cool vibes on it! I would suggest EQing the high end on that snare a little more to make it a little clearer but other than that no complaints!

The beginning of this is on some other vibe, I fuck with it. Drums didn't come in like I hoped/expected, but still nice! Those hats really open everything up nicely. I fuck with this whole vibe. Good shit man.

This is pretty lit dude! I love the vibe and sound design. The only thing Im not fucking with is the kick. It lacks way too much low end imo

Not sure what's going on with your mix but it almost sounds like you have either some phasing issues in the low end or some things that should have been mono youve tried to spread out too far creating a disconnect between the sound and its room, meaning that things sound out of place in the mix. I REALLY like the beginning, you do a great job of creating an atmosphere and shit sounds all ethereal and junk. Back to the phasing thing, I think it could also be a product of poor samples. Do yourself a favor and dig through /r/drumkits and find some nice samples that you like, you can get everything there from boi1da to 40 to metro packs, all good stuff, try sorting by most popular and grab some at the top. The virtue there is that you can use any sample if it has the sound that you like, but its always best to be able to start as close to the desired final sound as you can. Polish a turd its still just a shiny turd ya know. Good looking out, keep it up, work on the drums, but keep doing whatever youre doing with the ambient stuff its got an awesome vibe.

i like the atmosphere u created ! i agree with the rest about the kick. it really stands out as really boxy ! try finding a better kick sample and this track will be g!

Thank u guys! I'm going to play around with the kick, low end, and drums today and re-post the track for you guys.

i like the atmosphere u created ! i agree with the rest about the kick. it really stands out as really boxy ! try finding a better kick sample and this track will be g!

Hey guys so I switched the kick, added/messed with 808s and drums a little. Tell me what you think of the track now!

WAY better! Think a softer 808 would fit better but this is already 10x better just with that change. Maybe sidechain the 808 to the kick to balance it? Idk but its much better, has more sonic value to it and if before you were trying to go for a more lofi feel with the drums the way they were now you could do that a lot easier with the drums the way they are, it would only be a matter of filtering. Check out my latest upload if youd like, only a demo.

WAY better! Think a softer 808 would fit better but this is already 10x better just with that change. Maybe sidechain the 808 to the kick to balance it? Idk but its much better, has more sonic value to it and if before you were trying to go for a more lofi feel with the drums the way they were now you could do that a lot easier with the drums the way they are, it would only be a matter of filtering. Check out my latest upload if youd like, only a demo.

Word, thank you bro! I always listen to advice from people on here, it's the only way to improve. I will check ur track out :)

Sample is very dope, I can tell you already worked on the feedback because its hard to find a flaw here haha, great mix love the boomy 808's, love the little weird laughs and atmospheric sounds, really works well together with the sample to create this dope atmosphere then the 808's and drums kick in and you just zone out, I enjoy these beats man, hard hittin but moody at the same time, great work fr

Make sure to visit my thread as well, let me know your thoughts man I'd be highly interested to har what you have to say.

Here's a link : https://www.futureproducers.com/for...nger-juice-prod-gotham-f4f-guaranteed-536417/

Damn that kick hits! Love how hard this beat goes it really contrasts with the nature sounds you have. Love this keep it up bro!

The way those drums come in is something else, I think however the drums are a bit muddy ruining the rest of their impact. The snare is mixed well though. I cant tell if there is a bass progression under the drums it also sounds a bit lost in the mix. Other than that the beat is nice. keep working

The way those drums come in is something else, I think however the drums are a bit muddy ruining the rest of their impact. The snare is mixed well though. I cant tell if there is a bass progression under the drums it also sounds a bit lost in the mix. Other than that the beat is nice. keep working

Thank you, would you like me to look at anything for you? Link me.

fire, i love the sample/melodies, really has a nice dark trippy feel to it and the drums fit nicely and sound crisp
i'd just like you to bring out the 808s some more but that's just me i like the bass booming
it's the only thing i can really think of that would add more to this beat, it sounds great tbh

Last edited:
fire, i love the sample/melodies, really has a nice dark trippy feel to it and the drums fit nicely and sound crisp
i'd just like you to bring out the 808s some more but that's just me i like the bass booming
it's the only thing i can really think of that would add more to this beat, it sounds great tbh

Thank u! I agree with the bass, I'm going to take a look at it again after my midterm exam today :X

Back