Bassy anthem type beat

thisisspeedy

Last edited:
Hey bro! Thanks for the feedback on my track!

Honestly, I think you have enough dynamic range. If you want to have a larger range, try to lower the velocities of the hi hats and maybe some of the other synths you have going on. I'm more concerned with the panning. There's too much going on in the right side, and is almost dead on the left. You could fix that by panning some instruments to the left to compensate for the bells on the right, OOOR you could add some stereo delay to some of the instruments to fill in the void on the left.

To prevent clipping, you could try layering multiple instances of claps and snares together, or use some compression and EQ, or both. There are many different ways to bring your drums to the front of the mix. I'm a Reggaeton producer, so my techniques would be different than a Trap beat maker. I think trap makers tend to use a bit of stereo delay on the snares to make it sound more full, and bring the kick, snare, and clap really really loud into the mix, almost clipping. Then it's topped off with some compression. Play around with mixing techniques and see if you can get the drums to shine more than they already are :). You could also just lower the volume of the other instruments, and worry about mastering once you have the whole composition and mix down.

Other than that, very good so far bro! Can't wait to hear the finished product!

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback!
---
You should try sidechaining your 808's / kicks / bass. try to look it up on youtube for some tutorials. maybe try to remove the low end and high end in your eq to get a clearer bass sound.

I appreciate your feedback thank you!

I think your beat is well mixed and i liked the drums but maybe try to boost the high 808's for a fuller sound
Keep it up!

Back