bad mood | dragon boy jig | FEEDBACK RETURNED

ryuuko

what's up

took a break from posting for a while to refresh my sounds and learn some new stuff, applying those in this track

any and all feedback, good or bad, is welcome, please be specific if you can so i can learn some more :)

especially feedback on vocal delivery and vocal mixing, i tried different flows and effects here, so just let me know

thanks!

as always leave your links in your comments so i can return feedback

"bad mood"
bad mood by dragon boy jig | Free Listening on SoundCloud

SOUNDCLOUD:
dragon boy jig | Free Listening on SoundCloud

TWITTER:
dragon boy jig (@theryuuko) | Twitter

Hey thanks for your FB on my other track. I am man of my word so Im gunna leave u some feedback for your track.

It sounds like you're just starting out (and I don't mean that in a bad way)
There's alot of things I heard and immediately thought of when I first started.

1. The mix is a bit muddy: when there's not alot of clarity and definition in your mixes and many of the instruments or sounds in your arrangement interfere with each other.
Something you'll come to learn as you continue perfecting your music is EQing.... everything. Yup. Everything. EQ is vital to a clean and defined mix.

It doesn't sound like you EQ'ed anything. And if you did its hardly noticeable. You want to do some additive/subtractive EQing to prevent your tracks from sounding 'muddy'
(I recommend checking this link out for more info: Fix The Mix: Don't let a muddy sound ruin your tracks | Musical U)

Don't get me wrong, the track has potential. But once you start equalizing your instruments and sounds, you'll definitely hear a difference!

2. The vocals could use a bit more work. Recording seems to work on our nerves because we're not used to hearing ourselves. When you're not used to recording, it shows in your presentation of your lyrics. A good example is listening to music from an artist before he gets big and then listening to music from the artist after he's already well known and popular. There's a clear distinction in how comfortable someone feels to the point of cockiness. Granted this is not the same for every artist as some have had more practice and are used to it, others not so much.
I would take time and practice your presentation and delivery. It was hard for me to take your lyrical content serious because of how it was delivered. Its kinda like giving a speech in class. You're typically more interested in a speech given to someone who is very passionate about it versus someone who is just doing it because its a project.

3. In regards to the vocal mix itself, Kinda goes back to my other point about practicing, delivery but also EQing. It's cool that you are trying different effects and ideas. I recommend you check out some tutorial videos on mixing your track. There are tons out there and they may present conflicting information but utilize it all anyway. Because you're still going to develop your own style as you get better at your craft. ;)

Keep it up man!

@Dormio

this is the best reply of all time holy shit, thank you for the resources too. I did throw some EQ on there but its good to hear that it wasn't proper, I've been feeling frustrated because I felt like I was doing it right but it wasn't giving me the best sound. Also, for lack of a better word lol, you 'enlightened' me on the delivery. I have a bunch of tracks that I recorded other than this that i dont want to put out because they all had that same "presentation" sound, it just wasnt clicking with me why i sounded so weird haha, but that analogy made it stick. seriously thank you, and im excited to get it right for next time, appreciate it!

Last edited:
@rich

haha thanks for sticking around, trust me ill come with something better next post

Last edited:
Back