Back After Hiatus Big Sean / J.Cole Chill Type Beats (F4F)

Leftcoast 808

Back after a hiatus , had to follow another "path" in life and passion but never forgot. Always keep it versatile. Constructive Criticism is always welcomed , as well , feed back for feed.

On the first track, at times, there seems to be a dissonance between the synth and the piano, and the clash disturbs me. But on both tracks the drums are nice and the sound is clean. Keep it up!

The beat is nice. One thing though, on the saxophone? instrument, I don't know if its a reverb or filter that's giving it a choppy/wavy sound but it kind of takes away from the beat for me. Just my opinion but still good. I like the second beat more. I like the bass and the drums and how the vibes come in. Just lower the volume on the synth bass that comes in every now and then. Other than that I think your good. Keep at it!

Check out my club type beat, I'd appreciate any feedback https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ap-dirty-south-etc/club-type-vibe-f4f-508970/

Not bad. IMO, both of the mixes would greatly benefit from use of a limiter. Also, the mixes were a bit inconsistent with each other. When mixing, i start my mix with the kick at 0 dbs and snare/clap at about -6dbs, and then building everything else centered around that. The kick should always be the peak transient. It'll help you get more consistent mixes. Composition of the beats were cool, but I think you can work a little on sequencing/transitions. keep practicing tho, good job bro.

Sound selection isn't the worst. The piano and synth aren't in tune with each other. Step up your music theory game. Get the chords before moving to leads/melody. And use better arrangements with your drum patterns.

Cool stuff, the 2nd beat was my favorite of the two. I liked the drum patterns personally, I thought they were creative and fit the vibe. The main general criticism is that it seems like there's a ton of layers and it's super busy. I think if there were a few less elements and you really spent a lot of time dialing them in so they sounded just right it would give better results then having all of the instruments playing at once. Anyways, I liked them and the arrangement and spacing were on point, just super busy so it was a little much for me by the time the whole beat was over.

So yeah, good stuff overall, love the drums and the subtleties in the lines as they come in and out.

Back