Any feedback appreciated

biocular

Hey,

I'm pretty new at making beats but i've been going at it for most of the summer. Any tips on improving my production quality?

Also leave your songs for me to listen to as well.

Yoo the melodies are nice but maybe need to leveled down a bit. The high end on a few bits of the melody sounds sharp. I like it though! Another thing is, i was waiting for the 808 to drop in which didnt come in. Had it in my head. With a 808 and more punchy kick this would be real nice

Check me out

Winkso | Winkso | Free Listening on SoundCloud

okay this is a cool sounding trap beat, reminds me of some young thug. I think the melody might be a bit generic, could use more textures or sound design maybe a variation in the bass, give it some glides or something u hear in trap music. Maybe bring that snare up a bit more. Maybe give the lead some nice spacey reverb also. Keep it up dude!

This is a good beat for someone who hasn't been making music for long but I do think the beat needs some work on the production and mixing production wise the sounds are nice but the melodies sound generic but thats not always a bad thing sometimes thats what a artist is looking for but more interesting melodies will keep listeners attention. Also more variation in the beat after a while it got repetitive as for the mixing the music needs to come down in volume its too loud and overpowers the drums, the drums need a boost they sound flat and weak especially the kick the kick needs to knock hard, once you tweak those things your beats should sound better.

Check out my latest.
[F4F] Nightmare - Travis Scott x Denzel Curry (Dark) Type Beat [F4F]

Intro was really dope! I don't think you have any issues in your sound choice or arrangement. The only thing I would focus on a bit more is your mix. Some of the sounds can stand out a bit more and the 808 and could definitely be a bit more agressive. I think you are headed in the right direction though, keep it up!

It's passable as a decent beat.

I would personally do more sound design on the saw wave because it's a bit bland at the moment, perhaps have it evolve in some way through the track, there are a lot of directions you could go with it. The main instrument is drowning the track in a thick reverb and seems unnecessarily loud to me, especially if this is supposed to have a slightly "spooky tone". Lower everything but the drums in volume a little and see how that sounds. I feel as if the main instrument could possibly drop out of the track at some points to give breathing space for the other instruments or even have the volume automated up and down. You could play with the main instruments reverb amount to make sure it's where you want, you could also try automating the reverb up and down through the track for variance and breathing space. As for mixing, i would focus on testing out reducing some of the higher frequencies on the instruments and perhaps try making the snare trigger a low pass filter on the main instrument when it hits.

Last edited:
Back