American Messiah - new beat

EnviZion

This is my first day here. So far I've checked in on a few good discussions and listened to a few pretty good beats. I like what I hear already and look forward to listening to and building with all of you.

Despite being a noob here, I know the game. I'll return all feedback and leave as much as I have time to give.

I work with a Roland FA06 and LogicPro (using garage band as a controller sometimes) and specialize in sample-free music (though I am not afraid to play out good melodies from
other songs and incorporate them to expand my focus).

This is a beat I'm looking for some feedback on. "American Messiah"

Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/envizion-1/american-messiah

We got similar style, composition is good but because of the low quality sounds the beat lacks depth that draws you in. I'd consider also some break ups now and than. Get better sounds you will see huge improvement.

I like that you're doing your own thing, sounds nothing like what's on the radio. I wish that more people would try to be original.

Thanks, all.

Quicke: that's a good suggestion. Understood. I'm still in the learning phase on my DAW of choice, Logic. From what I've heard so far the sound banks available on that are quite a bitter better than those available on the keyboard I use (Roland FA-06). I'll jump in head first on that and see what gems I can uncover.

Unfortunately, there is no good way that I have found to EQ individual tones or tracks on the Roland itself so I also agree that the bassline is thin.

Hey man, thanks for the feedback on my track! Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the little critique about the snare. I'll definitely try add some verb there. I think you've shown me something there.

This is really really interesting, I love the strings that come in for the chorus...they are majestic and so emotionally fueled. You can FEEL the emotion you put into this. It reminds me of a game I used to play on the computer as a kid, it was this overview type maze game and it has this really adventure-type uplifting, but emotionally fueled theme music. This totally reminds me of that.

Your drums are great, too. And the break really stops the beat from getting mundane. Fantastic work.

I'm not sure if the snare fits for me personally, it's a bit tinny and hidden in the sound design. I think something a little louder, more emotionally awakening and more neck snappy would do wonders here.

You're right about that snare, man. My workstation (roland) has nice sounding snares in isolation and they sound even better when I layer 2 or 3. But they aren't loud enough.

Let me mess around with the tone editor and see if I can't do something about it.

Back