alright ive had enough, is my music good or trash?

Muztee

ok title is a bit harsh but I kind of feel that

Ive been producing for about 5 years and dont have a lot of friends involved in rap in my area, so its hard to find someone thats honest and is not like 'thats nice man' trying hard not to hurt my feelings lmao you could kill my family and i still wouldn...

and soundcloud is polluted with milfs telling me they live within 5 miles of the area, lucky me

anyway i just recently flipped aaliyah are you that somebody, let me know what you guys honestly think, please

(i played everything in and added melodies etc, only sampled the acapella)

- kudo (changed name)

Last edited:
Not bad at all, man. I enjoyed your remix. I really like how you used the audio from the actual song spread throughout rather than just pasting your instrumental over the entire verse. I've done the same thing before about two years ago, but it didn't come out as good as this piece. I personally didn't care much for the flute playing the harmony of Aaliyah's vocals. Just my opinion though. Wish I can give a more thorough opinion by playing this through studio monitors, but I happen to be at work lol. Good work overall though!

thank you for your feedback bro means a lot

been using £20 hmv speakers that still has the iphone 3g dock at the top haha, they seem to be doing good so far kinda lol

Was expecting trash after reading what you wrote but I'm suprised. Really cool melody, the water-like perc sounds dope. There could be better space developed with reverb and EQ as stuff is clashing when there's a lot going on. Other than minor mixing stuff (vocals could be compressed a bit more and separated, as it's hard to tell what should be the main part) it's pretty dope. The beat has familiar but fresh vibe at the same time. Really good stuff.

Btw. I felt in a similar way more than a year ago but just kept pushing and listening to others music more critically - helped me a lot. Keep grindin'.

Right Action - Oldschool - F4F

Was expecting trash after reading what you wrote but I'm suprised. Really cool melody, the water-like perc sounds dope. There could be better space developed with reverb and EQ as stuff is clashing when there's a lot going on. Other than minor mixing stuff (vocals could be compressed a bit more and separated, as it's hard to tell what should be the main part) it's pretty dope. The beat has familiar but fresh vibe at the same time. Really good stuff.

Btw. I felt in a similar way more than a year ago but just kept pushing and listening to others music more critically - helped me a lot. Keep grindin'.

Right Action - Oldschool - F4F

thanks for that man, what do you think needs to be spaced out? ill make the changes now, my ears really got used to this song after 1243 hours replaying -__-

again bro thanks and lets hope man dont even know where to push no more but lets hope

The melody, strings, synths use similar frequency range when the song develops. You need to decide what's the main thing and then you've got few options. Either EQ freqs that are used by the main instrument from the rest (panning is more efecting when it comes to freq separation though), add more reverb to stuff that should be behind, change octaves. The good thing is to listen to a commercial record while mixing, your ears will know the difference. You can even take an intrument out, sometimes less is more. Check what freqs are occupied by what and then decide what's important. Hope that helps.

Damn, dude. I feel that, been in that boat for a while now. By the way, I love all of your beats so far, they are great! That little flute and the mouth bop noise in this beat is catchy, it really caught my ears. Keep sharpening those skills, man. You're gonna go somewhere. Keep pushing! #WorkMore

Been looking for some feed back myself. If you'd be willing to check out what I got that'd be highly appreciated. Since I can't post links yet, it's SoundCloud /bourbonboybeatsky

thank u guys much appreciated

nearly threw in the towel a couple of times but lets keep going

thank you peeps again :)

Very creative. People outside of music-making usually don't have a clue if it hasn't already been on the radio. Keep doing your thing...

Its a refreshing remix, I really liked it. I thought it was going to be dumpster juice by the description you wrote, but It turned out to be really good

Back