21 Savage Type Beat (Feed4Feed)

LongLiveTheKing

Been a while since I've made a beat. Dont be too rough on me lol.

constructive criticism please! be honest! What did you like? what didnt you like?

Any changes?

Hows my mix?

Last edited:
Like said before it's a bit repetitive and gets pretty stale, a switch up in the keys and bass even could bring it back to life. I do like the snares and general drum pattern

Last edited:
it sounds good, nothing to critique. it's kind of simple and repetitive for me but the mix sounds good

Thanks dog, I actually set out to make a pretty simple beat, 21 savage is a pretty simple rapper lol. with a rapper on it, i doubt its repetitive nature is a problem

Like said before it's a bit repetitive and gets pretty stale, a switch up in the keys and bass even could bring it back to life. I do like the snares and general drum pattern

Thanks for listening, like i said above with a rapper on it the repetitiveness isnt an issue. But yeah Im kinda just getting the grasp of scales, chords, and progressions. taught myself music theory and how to play the keys, so my melodies are still somewhat basic, any suggestions or advice on how to switch up the keys? like in what way? add more notes to the melody to expand the melody? or switch up like a whole different melody? thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks for listening, like i said above with a rapper on it the repetitiveness isnt an issue. But yeah Im kinda just getting the grasp of scales, chords, and progressions. taught myself music theory and how to play the keys, so my melodies are still somewhat basic, any suggestions or advice on how to switch up the keys? like in what way? add more notes to the melody to expand the melody? or switch up like a whole different melody? thanks!

The drop at 1:50 would be the best spot for a switch up, it's really up to you on how you would incorporate something different because it's depending on how you want the song to sound. IMO the keys could have some added chords instead of the two you have now and/or you could add some kind of brass or synth.
Experimentation on a beat is the best thing you could do bruv

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...f-keef-chris-travis-type-beat-100-f4f-532755/

Last edited:
Sounds like an intriguing beat, make's me wonder what kind of lyric the rapper would introduce. I like the voice's, piano playing is cool, bass is dope, cymbal fits, kick&clap works, snare rolls fits greatly. Great beat on my point of view, mix appears balanced on my headset at least. Could you review this jazzy sampled beat that i made?

The voice sample in the background is cool. The piano melody sounds really dark. Maybe you need a harder clap because this one is pretty soft. But the construction is ok. The overall mixing sounds good too. ;) And thank you for the feedback on my beat.

Try a slight side chain compression on the piano or any other instrument, that will make the beat groove a lil bit more. Breakdown Part at 1:40 was cool. Liked how you experimented with the filter at the end. :D

Try a slight side chain compression on the piano or any other instrument, that will make the beat groove a lil bit more. Breakdown Part at 1:40 was cool. Liked how you experimented with the filter at the end. :D

thank you for listening, Im gonna try that. And I was wondering if anyone listened all the way thru the outro is my fav part of this whole beat lol

The mix is nice and big. The only thing is that somewhat emphasizes how repetitive the beat is. I could see A$AP on this though.

Can see someone with 21's flow on this. Could get real aggressive too lol. Its a slow burner but it works.

Back