The Weeknd Type beat "Faceless" F4F

GuessBeatz

Just uploaded this beat on my youtube channel and I would love some feedback on it from you guys. Leave a link to your tracks so I can return the favor back to you guys as well

i like this beat. it is laid out very well and I like your choice for the Weeknd to be on it. For me the kick could hit a lot harder. I also find the hi hat and some percussion sounds to be pretty soft in the mix. When you mix a beat where do you start as far as instrument and dB level?

also here is my song i would like some feedback for
"We Could Smoke" (self produced single)

i like this beat. it is laid out very well and I like your choice for the Weeknd to be on it. For me the kick could hit a lot harder. I also find the hi hat and some percussion sounds to be pretty soft in the mix. When you mix a beat where do you start as far as instrument and dB level?

also here is my song i would like some feedback for
"We Could Smoke" (self produced single)

When I mix i usually just turn the limiter off, turn down the volume to 0, and the judt gradually raise the volume and work on each instrument 1 by 1

When I mix i usually just turn the limiter off, turn down the volume to 0, and the judt gradually raise the volume and work on each instrument 1 by 1
Next time your mixing, try starting with the kick at -6db and then leaving that as the loudest sound and going from there so make the bass fit underneath that and the snare damn near like -7- -12ish then getting all your drums sounding snappy together with no melodies and then bringing in the melodies as loud as you want but watch out for the drums losing their punch once you do that you'll about where to cut off the volume.

Back