Shuvoyoshi - V

What vst are you using for that bass? Sounds too realistic. I would probably add a effect to snare, perhaps a delay to make it reverb back and forth. Definitely a smooth track, I like how you refrain from all the other subs and kept it at a classic double bass, really gives it that jazzy touch. Good job man!

Damn man, that's really smooth, I dig it. That bass does sound great like fantazma said, so my only constructive critic would be to give the bass instrument a bit more protagonism. Maybe you can do this by having a bass solo, or make the bassline less repetitive throughout the song. Since it has that jazz quality to it, I don't think there is a single jazz song where the bassline is a 2 bar loop on the whole song! But that's just a matter of taste, the track is solid.

Keep it up!

Thanks for the replies

@fantazma, I'll experiment with a reverbed snare, as for the bass - I used Spectrasonic Trillian Acoustic Bass and performed midi

@yago_luna, Thanks for the insight, I do need to experiment with bass sounds more ^^

Sorry I don't know that much about jazz, but I thought it was really smooth. Your percussion is top notch bud. Is that a sax in the background

Damn that's sick. Really surprising instrument for a jazz track but honestly think it goes nicely with the other instruments.

Back