Producing a song, not just a beat

Here's my latest work guys.

I'm looking for some feedback on the production and some ideas of which style of singing or rapper you think that this would fit best.

Feedback for Feedback as always

Great work man! I think any rapper voice would fit to this. I can imagine hearing Kendrick rap to this since he can do really mellow stuff, or also Drake. Maybe Ab-Soul?

Hello,
I agree with Ceiiu, Drake or Kendrick would be good on it, but i think lots of rapper can rap on it :)

This is a real good beat! The hard thing about the style of it, I believe, is that if a rapper goes at it with a mellow Kendrick-feel (for example) it will sound like a Kendrick-copy, feel me?

Because this beat fits a lot of different styles, I think it would be real cool to go at it with a lot of energy and flow then switch to a more chill Frank Ocean-mode or something like that. Combine two styles and switch between them to keep the listener awake. I would love to hear a versatile rapper/singer on this beat!

This sounds good. I would love to hear like an R&B singer on it or something. R&B singer and a rapper haha

Here's my latest work guys.

I'm looking for some feedback on the production and some ideas of which style of singing or rapper you think that this would fit best.

Feedback for Feedback as always

I hear Fantasia. Heard it almost instantly. Nice beat i just hear some hats coming in the chorus and also some tom toms and an 808.

I really liked the feel of this one as well. If you threw in some lyrics and added some more prominent drums after the first few bars, it would be very nice.

Also, I appreciate the title of this thread - so many people forget the importance of composing an entire song. I have seen too many people loop an 8-bar loop for 3-4 minutes and call it a "track".

Back