New R&B F4F

Im loving the draft so far. Panning effects are on point, a nice touch to the beat. You said this is a draft, so I guess I'll go ahead and advise on what you should add:

Some more bass during the start of the hook would be nice. It's empty at the moment, I like the idea you have with the bass being on every other beat. I just think there needs to be some more instrumentation goin on because it sounds very empty. Very nice nonetheless!

Some effects on the percussion is warrented. I think a reverb on the clap and the shakers would sound lovely. Also play around with some effects on the strings. They sound like they already have slight reverb goin on with them.

Overall I love the track. Can't wait to hear the finished product. Thank you for the feedback and good luck homie ;)!

Beat is straight...I agree that it's missing a'Pad' or something to fill up just a tad bit...But then again, you may be able to do some mix tricks with the strings to fill that void, not sure cause I'm brand new to the mixing world...

Last edited:
Nice! I liked most of the perc stuff you added in the beginning.. And the string chords are great! Liked the piano notes in the intro too but maybe the sound could be better.. In the verse it really bangs in its own way so thats great! The guitar sounds cool too, nice little touch.. So the only thing i can say is that i would replace some of the sounds.. Beat sounds finished, so i wouldn't change anything on the arrangement.. just some mixing stuff and maybe replace some sounds! Cheers!

Cool feel to it - my only input would be that it's all a little bit too dry FX wise instrumentally. As you say, it's a rough mix so I'm sure you're gonna get to that. Maybe some slight slap delays, or a subtle room verb just to get everything a little more gelled and flowing?
Good work mate.

Back