New mellow R&B instrumental w/ 808 drums for New School artist (F4F)

So u think ur track is awesome? :p lol kidding
i like the vibe of this track.. It's got a smooth vibe to it but something sounds like it doesn't belong? I can't seem to pick out what it is.. Oh it's at the intro.. Sounds like a nexus synth? Not sure.. I think a bit of a softer sound would have suited it better? But other than that nice track

this is me when you get a chance to reply :)
https://www.futureproducers.com/for.../me-rnb-instrumental-f4f-509153/#post49936055

Last edited:
So u think ur track is awesome? :p lol kidding
i like the vibe of this track.. It's got a smooth vibe to it but something sounds like it doesn't belong? I can't seem to pick out what it is.. Oh it's at the intro.. Sounds like a nexus synth? Not sure.. I think a bit of a softer sound would have suited it better? But other than that nice track

this is me when you get a chance to reply :)
https://www.futureproducers.com/for.../me-rnb-instrumental-f4f-509153/#post49936055

Thanks for the feedback! Actually I don't think it's awesome, that's why I wanted some feedback as in how to improve it :)
I was thinking about lowering that synth sound in the beginning to make it very distant. Very good advice, thanks! I've returned the favor on your track as well.

I'm impressed by your arrangement. You've made good use of the 808 and switched it up nicely.

I'm a fan of Jhené Aiko and I have created a few beats with her in mind but what I've learned when studying her music is that you have to be careful when using synths. Make sure that you're using subtle synth pads or soundscapes and not leads. I don't think the synth in this track really fits the rest of the production. I like the melody 100% but I'd recommend taking a look at some other sounds that you could use in it's place.

Also, look at adding some reverb to your melody to give the beat more of an ambient feel

I'm impressed by your arrangement. You've made good use of the 808 and switched it up nicely.

I'm a fan of Jhené Aiko and I have created a few beats with her in mind but what I've learned when studying her music is that you have to be careful when using synths. Make sure that you're using subtle synth pads or soundscapes and not leads. I don't think the synth in this track really fits the rest of the production. I like the melody 100% but I'd recommend taking a look at some other sounds that you could use in it's place.

Also, look at adding some reverb to your melody to give the beat more of an ambient feel

Glad you were impressed! You're right. I think I'm going to remove the synth all together. I'm really into that futuristic R&B sound myself. Trying to get better as I attempt to make compositions like this. I may add more reverb on the piano and voices as well. Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Nice Piano Melodies. I think the only thing that could be added would be more drum instrumentation. Other than that the track is still nice.

ANoise

I like how it keeps me interested by having a lot of small details in there. Lot of potential man! I'm building a team of Pop and R&B producers, if you're interested you can contact me through my site. Would love to work with you.

- Rion

Track has got a nice space/ambiance to it. Your sound choice is good, i like it. The 808's add a cool touch too. Good music, how long have you been making beats for?

I like the reverb, it adds a lot of space to the track. The 808 is steady and clean. Has anyone recorded over the song? I'd like to hear it if anyone has, it's a cool track.

I produce R&B too, if you want to check out my page. My soudncloud username is Jacob C. Elder.

Reverb is on point. Bass is on point. Drums are on point. Only issue I got with this is the track pic of jhene is too distracting haha. Really cool sense of "weight" to the track though. I can definitely see this going places if you flesh it out/polish more.

Great production!I could see Cassie on this one.The 808 is really punchy and there is a nice reverb on the main synth.Like to here mor of this!Keep it up!

Back