New demo, wavy Tyler the creator, sza vibe

Aleya

Hey all,
im a female producer and singer from Jamaica. Really frustrated by the lack of traction with my music and feel I'm not getting enough honest feedback. I usually make songs in one evening so some sounds my ears adjust to that may be off. Check out the track and let me know if it's as good as I think it is or if I'm really missing something ??

Scribbles (demo) by Aleya | Aleya | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I like the beat its chilled with a slightly trippy vibe I think the trippy vibe comes from the movement in the pad sounding sound and the reverb great work on the beat I also like the brass stabs that come in very nice. Now on to the vocals they sound very nice they suit the vibe of the beat they come in sounding chilled/mysterious which I think is dope but I do think your delivery needs to be a lil smoother and when your hitting some of the notes but thats about it the rest in my opinion is good.

Check out my beats on my channel.
YouTube

I like the beat its chilled with a slightly trippy vibe I think the trippy vibe comes from the movement in the pad sounding sound and the reverb great work on the beat I also like the brass stabs that come in very nice. Now on to the vocals they sound very nice they suit the vibe of the beat they come in sounding chilled/mysterious which I think is dope but I do think your delivery needs to be a lil smoother and when your hitting some of the notes but thats about it the rest in my opinion is good.

Check out my beats on my channel.
YouTube

Youre definitely right about my needing to do a few more takes on the vocals. Unfortunately I recorded while I was inspired - middle of the night in a flat share. Haha. Thanks a lot for the critique!!

Really like the beat with the chilled and mysterious vibe and general I like the vocals but personally I wasn't feeling how you came in at the beginning

love it, think the beat / pad / vocal is the best.

Not sure about whether the trumpet works though!

I was going to originally say I didn't like the beat until I heard the vocals. The vocals really pulled the track together. Also LOVED the guitars...the more I listen, I love the vibe! I would love to hear more work from you!

I really like the mysterious, spacey beat, but I think the vocals come across a little harsh, especially when hitting certain notes. Maybe try singing more softly to match the mood?

To my untrained ears, could have toned the spacey synths a lil at the start and not make it feel like its competing the drumpad(?). Enjoyed the entry of the vocals, that was a pleasant surprise as well as the horns. All compliment each other pretty well. All in all a great track!

Back