MIX. Sampled drums before and after. JDilla Vibe. #F4F#

Could you help me out with some mixing tips? I can hear the clarity in the before and after. Only in the aftermix I felt like the kicks got drowned out by the mids and highs.

Thanks man! Sure! Always happy to help! Just pm me with your question.

I know. It was kind of a negotiation between having a clean sounding kick and getting more of that live feel. I went with the live feel on this one.

This is really cool, definately feels DIlla-ish but some more grime would really set it apart. Thanks for the feed!

Great mix mate,I can see the differences here and I like that,the snare sounded more ambient and clean and the kick sounded more punchy,I would like to hear more of you,Keep it up!

This is really cool, definately feels DIlla-ish but some more grime would really set it apart.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it! I actually agree. That would fit my own taste better, but I think that most people would interpret it wrong. Thinking that they got a more lo-fi sound.

Hot ass track man! I'm especially digging those snares, and that high hat pattern. Think a homie can get a copy of them samples? Peace and beats bro

Hot ass track man! I'm especially digging those snares, and that high hat pattern. Think a homie can get a copy of them samples? Peace and beats bro

Thanks bro! Sorry man, I can't give you the samples from the beat "HAY" since the producer didn't allow me to, but the drumloop from the "sampled drums before and after" is being handed out for free. Just pm or e-mail me if that has any interest!

I like both lol. I do like a muddier sound but the second set of drums are definitely more clean and would fit certain samples a lot better. Good job

I feel the kick lack punch after you mix it but the low end sound on point . Great work overall clap and hi hats sound on point also.

I'm liking the mix! It's loud and crisp. Put it with a nice sample and it's gonna sound really nice.

Back