Jazzy new york beat

eyelikeboats

:hello: hey family! was wondering if i can have some feedback on this track I made a little ago. Any feedback appreciated!

Attachments

• untitled (online-audio-converter.com).mp3
    4.6 MB · Views: 35
needs proper mixing and mastering. Turn volumes up on the drums and turn high ends up on the bass the best you can in an EQ. Good musically, but not good sound quality. What is the sample?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply :victory: I actually extracted the samples bass single and took out any high end in the EQ, so its strictly bass signal. Would you recommend just leaving highs on bass signals? Also I can agree with drum leveling as the drum break introduced was higher than any one shots I put in there.

Thanks for the reply :victory: I actually extracted the samples bass single and took out any high end in the EQ, so its strictly bass signal. Would you recommend just leaving highs on bass signals? Also I can agree with drum leveling as the drum break introduced was higher than any one shots I put in there.

Nah at this point you should consider reconstructing the bass all together. You've got the notes now just replay it with a clearer bass. I just wanna let you know I've had this thing on repeat for the last 20 minutes. It's great! Can you make a version with just the boombap drums at 1:50? It's way funky and also that synth breakdown at 2:31 I love it. Good track musically like I said before. What was the sample originally? I'm not even gonna try to remake it because I like yours already. I have a thing for hearing original tracks. Do you have a soundcloud I can follow you on?

Last edited:
Sorry didn't See this part! The sample from a song called "Whenever I" by Wild Nothing, from the album Life of Pause, great loops from that album.
Wait the bass is already kinda clear on the song originally. You didn't have to even touch it lol. I'd say start with the original sample, no effects/filters on it then just replay a clearer bass ontop of the bass already existing, but when you EQ it focus on boosting the higher end of the bass if you want it to sound less muddy

Last edited:
I love this, really smooth, love the jazzy undertones, drums need to be brought up, just tweaking with the mixing a little so that all the instruments sit in the beat at the right volumes, EQ is really good to mess with to get the levels good n stop the peaking. Really dig the vibes though.

Back