jAZZY BOOMBAP OLDSCHOOL SPICY BEAT :RAS EL HANOUT

this has such a good vibe, the samples just really capture that chilled old school jazz mood. the drums and the samples are all in time, really tight, which keeps the rhythmic flow nice and strong. i like the switching of samples/textures and the use of the vocal sample, helps maintain interest. great track overall.

Yo man, this is dope, love the piano sample and the fading background vocals give this depth. Its RZA meets 9th Wonder, love the boom bap vibe homes. Definitely my kinda beat, will check out your Sound cloud page.

Check out my track, in the signature if you get a chance. Will look out for more

the only thing that bugged me about this track was using 2 different piano sounds - or samples - im talking about the abrupt shift in tone - it took me out of the "zone". I into it and then BAM! this new piano timbre - felt odd and distracting. I would have liked the more mellow one throughout - like it is on the second half. Also the piano sample cuts at the end of the riff feels not purposeful, harsh - not keeping with the chill vibe going on all around it. besides that - i really like the mix - deep - full bodied - nice beat and nice kit sample selection.
dunno the piano sample but i bet its 1960 plus or minus 5.

Last edited:
Back