Jazz inspired electronica with quirky grooves

cestmoi

I tried something new, was listening to a lot of slower music and I tried to implement ideas from that into my own music. This is how I came up with this fun track, which is really slow in a way, but has space for a lot of motion within it's groove.
Check it out, let me know how you like it. :)

https://soundcloud.com/jiszlai/lullaby

Very experimental, i love all the details you added man. I feel like it got kinda messy towards the end though like some of the sounds didnt really compliment each other, but overall creatively this is on another level

2:17 is really interesting but I feel like you need to sort of build a little bit more up to that. I feel like the big snares may be a bit too big and loud and the spacing between the saxophones seems a little too unpredictable, but for a background track I think it works. It is very Flying Lotus like which is good but also you may want to add a more of a audible melody that plays through on later tracks that way it leads the listener in the song, making more of a journey than a ambient (but good, very good track) I work in the same sort of genre, but i am not as good as you, but I would love your ideas on my new track

Very experimental, i love all the details you added man. I feel like it got kinda messy towards the end though like some of the sounds didnt really compliment each other, but overall creatively this is on another level
Thanks, it is kind of what I went for, I wanted it to feel disjointed at that point.

2:17 is really interesting but I feel like you need to sort of build a little bit more up to that. I feel like the big snares may be a bit too big and loud and the spacing between the saxophones seems a little too unpredictable, but for a background track I think it works. It is very Flying Lotus like which is good but also you may want to add a more of a audible melody that plays through on later tracks that way it leads the listener in the song, making more of a journey than a ambient (but good, very good track) I work in the same sort of genre, but i am not as good as you, but I would love your ideas on my new track

Thanks, nice input and it really made me think for a moment. I sort of lose my touch with the reality of the track after a while and just drift with it. This is not that good at times.

Damn, I really love the saxophone / trumpet sound in there. I would try to give the song a bit more structure but that's just my preference, my ear just automatically tries to find the catchy loops that I could use to build full beats out of :) Anyways, nice groove!

Damn, I really love the saxophone / trumpet sound in there. I would try to give the song a bit more structure but that's just my preference, my ear just automatically tries to find the catchy loops that I could use to build full beats out of :) Anyways, nice groove!

Thanks, I'm not sure what you meant by this, structure can be whatever you want it to be. Thanks anyways!

The Rhodes keys sound great and you have some nice chords in there but I feel the drums take away from the song, it sounds a bit out of place.

Yo i think this one could be great!!But the sax sometimes messes things up...for example 1:40.
But keep it up!You'll grow into your own style!

Back