Feeling stagnant...what am I missing?

D-toks

Hi,

Been at this music thing for a while and noticing my growth just seems to be stagnating so much. To be honest, it is even going backwards in terms of my following which has dropped quite a bit even though I feel I am posting higher quality tracks now than I was before when I was just trying to pump out quantity instead. So I'm starting to wonder what am I missing that is preventing me from growing or reaching people?

I feel the sound is there, but the listener's are not. So I either need a reality check on the sound or just some new direction on how to market/reach people, or a bit of both. One thing I've thought of is maybe my sound is a bit unfocused since I'm able to deliver many different types of sounds and I'm not really sure which one is best. But I never thought versatility could be seen as a bad thing so maybe it's not that. Please let me know what's up. Posted a few tracks for consideration. And yes I do have original tracks on my channel too but the tracks I'm posting will give you a better point of reference compared to the industry since they are more well known.

Really just looking for anything to take from here onwards so I appreciate any input and of course will return the favour. Thanks.

Maybe what's missing is that you want an audience but are forgetting that this is the era in which people are flooded with choice(s) and those people are either not listening to whatever's new and unknown to them or listening to whatever they are familiar with.

Back