[F4F] SZA x Tinashe x The Weeknd Type Beat [F4F]

HailCaesar

My latest instrumental looking for constructive feedback on the overall production and mix also drop ya links below so I can leave feedback.

YouTube

It's good, better than I could make for sure, it's just not suuuuper surprising melodically, which means the rapper or singer would have to bring more to make it special. I think if your chord progression were more than four measures and instead really progressed constantly until a catchier chorus melody with a chorded synth or something, it might stir things up. You also might wanna get to the chorus faster, and really shake things up there, it could still be a breakdown, but I'm picturing sumn sexy like the chorus on that Jidenna track "Knickers" the way the track just seems to slow down and go into this sexy groove, bouncin, I think this track would toooooootally benefit from that exact kind of structure!

Its excellent. But I don't remember it, I didn't feel it, it didn't make me feel any type of way or inspired, I'm a vocalist and if music doesn't make me want to sing, it usually doesn't have any feeling or story it's trying to share. I hope this is helpful and not like condescending, just saying what I would wanna hear :)

Thanks a lot I seriously appreciate this feedback very constructive and it acc helped me, because I don't sing I never looked at it from a singers point of view but now you've gave me some wise words on what artist look for when they are picking tracks. I like what you said about if it don't inspire you then you wouldn't want to record over it. So what tips can you give me from a singers point of view that you would look for in a R&B beat so I know for next time.
It's good, better than I could make for sure, it's just not suuuuper surprising melodically, which means the rapper or singer would have to bring more to make it special. I think if your chord progression were more than four measures and instead really progressed constantly until a catchier chorus melody with a chorded synth or something, it might stir things up. You also might wanna get to the chorus faster, and really shake things up there, it could still be a breakdown, but I'm picturing sumn sexy like the chorus on that Jidenna track "Knickers" the way the track just seems to slow down and go into this sexy groove, bouncin, I think this track would toooooootally benefit from that exact kind of structure!

Its excellent. But I don't remember it, I didn't feel it, it didn't make me feel any type of way or inspired, I'm a vocalist and if music doesn't make me want to sing, it usually doesn't have any feeling or story it's trying to share. I hope this is helpful and not like condescending, just saying what I would wanna hear :)

Back