F4F - J Dilla Beat with rhodes

Sabelo93

Hey, I want some feedback on my latest beat I uploaded. :)
Do you guys think the mixing is good?
Should I add some other elements too it?

Leave a link to your beat you want feedback on!

I think this is great! Very laid back and smooth. The kick and snare hits hard. The bass is simple but it sets a really nice and cool mood. I love the soft playing sax in the background here and there. This feels like something I want to play the keys over. Personally I might consider playing around with the drums a bit to add some variation to the beat. Really cool tunes!

This is one the latest songs I've been working on:
Fourse by You_sir | You Sir | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
I'm guessing your song you want feedback is the one as your footer. I like it. I feel like the kicks and snares could use a slight touch more of reverb and some added volume or weight to them. The instrumental itself is really mellow and I dig it. Maybe pan the hats once in a while or distort the drums with over compression once in a while when the vocals end. I don't know if you can do this easily or not but some of the vocals may sound pretty cool with some turntable scrubbing and stutters. Just an idea, I don't think you were really going for that Kid Koala vibe in the first place though. I could picture someone with an MF Doom like raspy voice doing some simple bars over this as an interlude track. Keep it up. If you have time, I would love your thoughts on my new song. Electronic Indie Rock song. Love providing feedback and getting it.

Im an idiot. Just saw this was under the R&B and not the hip hop forum. So I really doubt you wanted punchy kicks and stuff.

Last edited:
This was dope. You definitely got that Dillaish sound down. It’s not as easy as it sounds. I’ve been trying my damn self for a minute to recreate that sound and it sounds simple, but it’s not.
The way the snare hits on this is right on. The vocals thrown in sound nice too. Everything works really well together.
I know it’s technically in a different part of the forum, but if you wouldn’t mind returning the favor I would appreciate your input on my latest work.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...south-etc/difference-f4f-548196/#post50097900

Back