B-E-A-utiful female singer on my new track

The girl'S voice and section is amazing. The track.... it's too on the beat, you wanna try a different beat, more bass/kick movements in the melody... it's all very guitar and bells, and high. It wants some more grounding from what I heard. It could benefit from some toms. It is lacking that cool vibe and and lean that it would benefit from. Unfortunately I must say because the girls vocals are so awesome, you might have to do a few more takes on yours to match the vibe. Lol hope that's not unkind �� You just have to push to get clearer tonality to match her.and I think the track over all could be cooler with some boombap, toms, sub bass, etc. Give it that lean and coolness. It deserves to be cooler, imo. On the beat is not the look :)

but these are are just my opinions

Last edited:
Hey I want to thank you for the thoughtful and genuine response! As for switching up the beat, I think you kind of hit on the head what I was worrying about on this track, it does have somewhat of a rigid sound to it. Do you have any suggestions of how I can avoid that in the future? And I totally feel you about the female vocals being a little TOO good haha, kind of blew mine out of the water but it is what it is. Thank you so much for the response!

Yay! Glad it helped! As for the beat... man. I'm struggling there too. I think everyone would tell us to listen and replicate beats we like. Export them, try them on your track, tailor them appropriately so it's not plagiarism :) I'll take my own advice too. This is the annoying part of music making, studying.

Back