Progressive heads...this one is for you!!!

F

fim

Hi,

We have just released our latest progressive trance choon, "Venom". This one is a deep, almost chilled piece of 132bpm prog trance. Took us over 3 weeks to complete. Possibly our best one yet.

You can find the track here. Enjoy...and if you review us, we will review you in return ;)

Peace,
Fluid in Motion

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting conga and fx work, very clear sound for 128kbps. i'm sure i know this retriggered bass sound from some other tune, but it eludes me. when the main bass sets in there's a minute of confusion about the key this is in - some off notes there, too. nicely dreamy/tribal feeling, buildup takes a lot of time, very well done. - break? why is that break in that place? just so you have one? the start into the tune from there is very abrupt, especially considering how much patience you put into the buildup up to that point. best part of the tune is at about 6:15 when you start coming down. the least pleasant of the synths has just gone away, and the rest is still there in a kind of afterglow. after the bass goes away, the tune's overall inpression snaps back to another key (same thing as in the start - beats do have a tonal value, and yours don't match up with the bass). It's definitely a cool tune, but I wouldn't play it in a club probably, because of that senseless break after the buildup.. or maybe i'd play the song, but just the part after that break, which is a bit short for this sunset song. definitely more of a private listening experience.

i like!

Hi wayfinder,

Thanks for your detailed feedback and i truly appreciate your honesty :) we will work on an alternative club mix which will focus on the darker and more progressive aspects...keeping in minimal and dropping some of those melodic riffs. Maybe that mix might sit better with you. Regardless, thanks for your comments...and if you're also into production, feel free to point me to your site and i'll be glad to lend you my listening ears too...

Peace,
Luke
Fluid in Motion

hey,

progressing.. in which direction? :)

anyway.. not posting a song right now, but probably in the future.. i'll be taking you up on that offer! :)

Sure thing...lemme know when you have tracks online...good luck!!

I don't have the time now to really review it, but I gave the song a quick listen and it sounds really really good. I'm going to give you my full opinion tomorrow when I can really give the track a listen, but so far I am really impressed.
Out of curiosity, what equipment did you use?

thanks azzurro...glad you liked it :) you can find our complete kitlist at our mp3 site but specifically, for this track, you are hearing sounds from our nord lead, virus, jp8k, jomox airbase, reason rewired with motu digperf plus a bunch of plug-ins. looking forward to your more detailed thoughts on the track...

feedback

After taking a quick listen, I am impressed. It sounds really good! I'll take a more careful listen later. Great work!

Sorry about the delay... I said I'd give you my full review a while ago.
Anyways, I just gave the song a really close listen. It is very very very well done... definately good enough to be on the deep dish global underground I was listening to this morning.
The whole bassline, percussion etc. sound amazing together... I love the congas and the hihats and the other percussion instruments that you used.
I like the melody and the sounds that you got out of your synths as well, they fit very nicely together.
I don't completely agree with wayfinder about the break... he raises a good point, but what I like about it is how it makes the song unique. Instead of building up during a break (like many songs), Venom builds up, then immediately drops out... it comes back in a bit softer, and then works back up to the point it was at.
I'm not really into progressive as much as I'm into trance, so I went down your list and listened to Heatseeker... wow.
Your music is amazing... are u signed to a label (cause u should be!)

hi kbarnoski, thanks mate :) if you have some stuff for me to listen to, tell me your url...

hi azzurro again :) no probs man...glad you dig the track...as for wayfinder's comments, i respect that everyone has his/her own preferences and it's impossible to please every single person...tho i'm glad you feel us ;) if you like more melodic stuff, i think you might dig our other track, "lightspeed". it can be downloaded from our mp3 page...and we are working on 2 new mixes right now :)

peace

Back