Please comment my rock opera production

Tantalos

Please comment my production of a rock opera version of a Tom Waits song.

I wanted to do something dramatic with hugh choirs and lots a reverbs. The choirs are of course EWSC.

Maybe there are a little too much mid-frequences. I am thinking about adding more top and buttom. I am also thinking about lowering the volume of the toms a little. I am also concerned about the vocal consonants sounding a little scratchy.

What do you think?

Link: https://www.box.com/s/0f8b932dc8cf56805da5

Thanks

Thans for the comment. I am glad you liked the intro at least. Yes, it is me singing.

I will take a listen at your songs i a moment.

Thanks for the comments, all of you!

I am surprised that no one has (yet) complained about the vocals. My singing style does for sure not please everyone.

Charles Robinson: Regarding strings;

There is a cello in the mid-left and a flute at the mid-right during the verses. They are not very loud though, as I wanted to keep the verses rather soft compared to the choruses. As the later repeated choruses, there are actually high strings ensambles playing some long notes, at the left andright corners. Their main purpose was to add some high frequences. I struggled to find any better purpose of the chorus strings. The guitar parts were already responding to the vocals, and adding a new melody there would probably have messed the guitar responses up. I also did not wish to simply dub the vocal or guitar lines. At the last chorus, there are brass sections supporting the guitar lines.That is why I chose more descrete strings during the chorus.

If the cello or the flute, or the chorus strings are not noticable enough, I should turn them up a bit though.

Once again, thanks for commenting. I like take a listen to your work tomorrow (it is half past two in the morning here, I need to go to bed).

Back