Piano based R&B instrumental - F4F

Thank you!!!! I really appreciate the feedback... :)

@ Thesoundist - thanks :)

@ Star Tanner - thanks.. :) not too sure if you were looking for feedback but i did check out your page.. let me know if there is any track you want feedback on.. :)

@ Halerell10 - thank yoU!!! glad you think so! :D

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Melissa very nice piano playing. I can definitely tell it's you due to the intonation and velocities. I think the track has a lot of potential and your melodies are great. Also the synth work in the middle is nice. I think the piano comes in clear to begin with but gets a little drowned out by the rest of the mix once you add the rest of the instruments. You can try to EQ competing frequencies so that the piano has the shimmer/brightness in the higher frequency ranges throughout the entire track. Especially with such strong playing skills you really want to highlight that instrument. Also if you use the clap/snap sound during the verse and intro and either layer another clap or add in a snare sound during the chorus it will help bring more energy to the chorus. Since you are new to drums I think they sound pretty good. Before you worry too much about sound selection and mixing you should instead focus more on programming/pattern formation. Try to have distinct drums sounds that alert me to the chorus or the verse. Usually the chorus will be fuller with more drum elements or more complex patterns. A strong vocal performance could really bring this track to life as well. Keep up the great work :)

thanks for that.. with the particular piano sound i chose tho, the higher the frequency, the thinner and really synthetic it sounded.. so it was muddy and more natural or higher and really thin lol n thanks for your advice on the drums.. :)

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

I like the piano melody, I found the drum loops decent, but the synth was the highlight of the song for me. Keep up the good work man

try giving one, or both of my beats a listen. If you have the time
Volatile Form by Hectic The Jammer on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Gradual Rejuvenation by Hectic The Jammer on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

hope you see this since im posting it here... k.. took the time to check out both tracks... gotta say that Gradual Rejuvenation was the one i liked the most.. it had more variety than the other track.. a few different chord choices where the strings came in would have given this track a lil extra lift.. but then again depends on what you were going for :)

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

@weedandbeatz - thanks :)

@ Alex - check your inbox.. :)

@ spaniardxavi - check fb.. :)

ALL FEEDBACK HAS BEEN RETURNED!!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!

Dope, can definitely hear catchy vocals on this to make it a good song.

Back