The opinion of a producer. F4F as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats good FP fam? Im getting ready to launch my website and i would like the opinion of my fellow producers as to which beats should make the sight. I have an idea of the tracks I'm going to use but id also like to use a few of the tracks off of my sound cloud. Thats where you guys come in. Please listen to the links below and give me your three favorites and why in the comments. I ask to write why because i know some people will just randomly choose three without even listening and i have no intention of giving your music feedback if you won't do it for mine. As this site clearly states the more in depth review you give me the more in depth review i am inclined to give you. Thanks fam.:monkey:

Ayyye

Takeoff

Floatin

Ride

Break

My two favorite are [floatin] and [break], both because they are melodic, and I just like the lead sounds/ pads used. "Floatin" especially because it's got a jazzy chord progression. Also sounds like it could potentially be on an adult swim bump

Other than that that, I'd probably choose takeoff as the third one. Sure the mix distorts, but that gives it character (in comparison to the other two).

I guess I'll type what everyone is thinking though...If you're launching a website for music... why not put all five on there? :p lol

Last edited by a moderator:
That take off is dope. i love the melody.. mix needs work should turn down and eq the brass/string pads. i love the vibe on "floatin" i say thats the best mixed out of all the beats you put up.. all your beats pretty smooth fam keep up the good work

Break was the best beat to me. Eventhough the mix was bad, I like the melody and the overall vibe. You gotta work on them mixes tho. Alot of this here was overmodulated like a
muthf--ka lol. Float was cool too. I personally would not have brought the brass sax back tho. It was good for an intro, I didnt want to hear it again after that. That may just be my personal taste tho. I hate Saxaphone sounds in hip hop. Its got to be super crazy for me to like it. Takeoff was cool too, the mix was just a problem for me. I liked the overall groove.

I didnt like the instrumentation on Ayee abd Ride. Imo it was thin. I hope this critique is helpful!

I have to say that 'Floatin' is defo my favorite the beat is great and i love the chilled atmosphere you get from it with the melody and the synths. I personally like the distortion in 'takeoff' it makes it stand out a bit more from the rest. Overall these tracks are mixed very well and sound great, good luck with the website!

I would say Take off is my favorite,but the bass make it sound muddy, it eats the other sounds so i would work on the mix on that one for sure to top it off.
i would've liked ayyye better if you layered the organ with some brass instruments. I feel like the instrumentation is a bit poor
The beats are a bit repetetive, and some of them lack some energy, butttt
overall i think the beats are pretty good. you need to work some on the mix and stuff but otherwise you've done some good work.

Goodluck in setting up your website and i hope this was helpfull.

First beat is okay. But it doesn't really have a melody. Which could get sorted out with an artist on it. But it just seems like it needs a lead synth.
Second beat, has a similar sort of problem but its not as bad.

Floating has a nice melody and good accompanying instruments too.

But the others seem to have a similar problem to the first two. To me it seems like your starting off your beat with these chords and building around them. But it might work better if you start off with the main melody and put the chords around it then. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back