Old School Soul Sample Flipped F4F

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildinout8

Sampled an old school Rosemary Clooney song and flipped it with some piano, live bass and synths.

Check it out and let me know what you think and, as always, Feedback4Feedback.

I'm diggin the sample and the piano keys worked well with it, sounds mellow but I really wished you toned down on the crashes a bit its a little bit excessive for a track with a mood like this... other than that its a good beat, you did you thing bro

ayee i fux wit this heavy... maybe less emphasis on the crashes is all i reccomend. love your use of the sample, would be an interesting song with rapping on top

This sounds good, you have a good vibe going but those crashes just murder it, make them just a tad less prominent and you have a gem here buddy, keep up the good work! nice low end too btw.

Thanks for the feed!

- Nice intro
- Sample chop is nice
- I agree the crashes should be toned down a bit
- I feel if you speed up the tempo a little bit on the track, the beat could have a little more boucne and it would be something i could hear Kanye on
- Overall i think the mix could be better
- I feel the kick could go harder
- The change up in the chops is cool -- adds variety to the track

I feel the sample chop has alot of potential but i feel the drums coudlve been executed better!

I like the chop but I feel the percussion choices weren't so good, too many crashes also, and I really only liked the first segment of the chop with just the guitar but I didn't like it with the box in there, this beat still need work, but it has potential. Check me out: https://www.futureproducers.com/for.../ngfl-nice-guys-finish-last-5-12-14-a-476437/

Thanks for the feedback, Donta - I always appreciate what you have to say. I agree with the crashes and how they could be scaled back and used less. I also fought with the idea of the original guitar. That was the original beat I had, but I just had to incorporate her singing in there, so I just used it as an intro and outro.

I'm diggin the sample and the piano keys worked well with it, sounds mellow but I really wished you toned down on the crashes a bit its a little bit excessive for a track with a mood like this... other than that its a good beat, you did you thing bro

Ha 5th yeah I hear you - people have been telling me that the crashes are bit excessive and I agree. I wanted to try a different type of drum track besides the usual trap and boom-clap style we always hear, but I do need to find a way to cut the crashes down a bit. Thank you for the feedback.

Your kick kinda clips so you might wanna throw a limiter on the track to fix that. The melody is great but its like you're trying to capture a bunch of styles with this one, which isn't a bad thing. You might wanna turn the crashes down or just use them sparingly. The flipping of the sample is pretty dope actually. The track just sounds a bit busy percussion wise which makes it a little hard to follow but some eqing and some tweaks can turn this into a killer track.

Feedback?

Last edited:
The flip is good, and I like that you added live instruments in there, but that crash does get kind of annoying...maybe you want to drop it out after 4 bars or lower it. And the 2nd snare that sounds like a "splat", I think you could've used a different type of snare. Other than that, keep going fam!

real smooth and laidback man. i see what you are trying to go for with your drums. it would def work in a rock setting but dont think it will with it being a hip hop beat. the sample is hella smooth tho. lovin your instrumentals as usual. i like the drop when the piano comes in with the synths. that part was dope man. keep it up man creative stuff as usual

appreciate it if you could feed me back: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...dback/new-chance-rapper-type-beat-f4f-477035/

This sounds good, you have a good vibe going but those crashes just murder it, make them just a tad less prominent and you have a gem here buddy, keep up the good work! nice low end too btw.

Thanks for the feedback, Oriax. I've removed the crashes and uploaded a new version that I wouldn't mind you checking out.

Where's a track of yours I can check out?

Thanks for the feed!

- Nice intro
- Sample chop is nice
- I agree the crashes should be toned down a bit
- I feel if you speed up the tempo a little bit on the track, the beat could have a little more boucne and it would be something i could hear Kanye on
- Overall i think the mix could be better
- I feel the kick could go harder
- The change up in the chops is cool -- adds variety to the track

I feel the sample chop has alot of potential but i feel the drums coudlve been executed better!

Thanks for the detailed feedback, BL3.

- I've removed the verse crashes as they did clash too much with the vibe of the song
- I had a limiter to smooth out some of the rough edges and clipping, plus changed up the airy kick that was causing some issues and goes harder

If you have a chance, please check out the updated version I've uploaded.

Also, where are your tracks that I can check out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back