New Progressive House Song "Trumph" [F4F]

Smashmello

Hey guys,
What do you think of my new track? Anything big to criticise? Looking forward to the answers! :)

I will return feedback as soon as possible!

Hey man I want to thank you for taking the time to listen to my tracks and give me feedback I really appreciate it, thanks. Nice song dude I dig your music theres not much I can criticize. I would only say overall the track is lacking bass and some of the synths kinda need EQ to reduce some of the highs IMO. I really like the snares in the track and the chord progression and melody. The snap is catchy too, how did you make the video? Stay grinding friend

wow this so mellow..loving this. I dig the breakdown you did at 2:17 almost like a rock-ish dubstep-ish vibe w/o the ignorance lol mix could be a little sharper IMO in a way, but nonetheless a dope track indeed. now for that dreamy/airy vocalist to get on there. haha cheers!

I think the snare and maybe hi hats could use a small amount of slapback reverb to add space. Sounds really good. Nice track.

For my personal taste, this is way too cheer- and hopeful. It sounds a bit more like a pop-song with verses, bridges and chorus except there are no vocals. This is not progressive house.

The mixing sounds good, it's clean and pleasant to the ears. All though I can hear a little distortion on your kick sound when the rest of the sounds are not so loud.

Last edited:
thanks for all the answers! :) Ill look into the snare again I guess. @wallengard well it is just the repeating pattern slowly changing overtime and after each repetition with the exception of the half beat part which really feels like a chorus. so that is why I labeled it as progressive house. it definitely leans to pop but I can't see it being a popsong. however, maybe I am just half informed and genres are just formality so yea :D

dude listening to your tune now mate wheres your bass some of the verses are missing a driven bass top line synth are really good need more pump tho you know sidechain perc excellent all round solid tune i will link you to my soundcloud the i will giv you a wetransfer link to a very young rough mix where the bass line in it will giv you and idea of what i imagine the bass should be like in your tune ok here goes

https://soundcloud.com/#jamesfella-1

next heres the tune im talking about jus ignore the intro and verse this is still a work in progress ok jus listen to it when it gets to about1.24 then it get good and thats the driven bas i am talking about feedback welcome thx in advance

[COLOR=#3399DD !important]http://we.tl/4DrED5tlQB[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Dynamics!!?? WTF!!?? My ears are only used to sausage cake tunes. JK there...I was just a little shocked to hear some dynamics there. I get happy vibes off this track like I want to jump on my bike, take some LSD, and ride down a road next to a sunflower field. My only complaint is that the crash cymbals that come in at 2:15-ish, take over the mix a bit and sound a little over saturated.

Back