new producer/rapper on forum, looking for feedback on vocals, will return feedback

D

djbfree25

(sorry for the obnoxious title)

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but this seems like a real great place, so I'm going to try to get involved with it. I'm a producer, I've been producing for about 1 1/2 years now, and I'm working with a rapper. I'm looking for feedback on his voice/vocal delivery, anything that anyone thinks could improve his voice/delivery, or if they think it is good. Any comments or criticism are welcome, but please, keep it tasteful if possible.

I've attached the rough draft of our song in 3 parts I produced the beat (no samples), and he's rapping over it. Don't pay attention to the sound quality of the voice, as I didn't take much time to mix the vocals with it being a rough draft (also I'm bad at mixing vocals). Also, during the 8 bars when he doesn't rap, we're going to have a singer singing the chorus.

if anyone wants any feedback on their stuff, I'll also be more than happy to give feedback.

Thanks everyone,
dj b free

damn thats a clean beat. the vocals need to be turned up a tad bit i have trouble mixing vocals as well. the volume is all i could really point out but the vocals could use additives (chorus, adlibs, etc.) nice job.

Tha beat is tight, would be able to give more accurate criticism if everything was tha final quality though.

Im not gonna comment on tha rapper or tha vocals
icon7.gif

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=48489540#post48489540

Last edited:
the beat is is sweet. the rapper's delivery is good for what you're trying to do. I'm a fan of singing, so I liked everything about the song except the rapper. you have talent though producing . if you do other stuff besides rap, I'd want it.

"Tha beat is tight, would be able to give more accurate criticism if everything was tha final quality though.

Im not gonna comment on tha rapper or tha vocals"

why? i won't take any offense to criticism and neither will the rapper i'm working with, so please, any criticism or tips would be really helpful.

"damn thats a clean beat. the vocals need to be turned up a tad bit i have trouble mixing vocals as well. the volume is all i could really point out but the vocals could use additives (chorus, adlibs, etc.) nice job."

do you mean like he should adlib the flow more or the lyrics? we're waiting on a singer to figure out the chorus, but we got a really amazing singer for it, so it should be good. what kind of other stuff would be good to add to the vocals (sorry, i'm kind of new at producing actual songs)

to stupidfatandugly:

thanks man, i appreciate it. rap is my main thing, but i'm very flexible in the types of music i make. i'm actually a jazz composition major, so i'm tryin to learn all types of music. i could try makin something for u if u'd like.

overall, i'm mostly just looking for comments or criticism that would help the rapper improve his delivery or voice in general, although i appreciate the love for the beat. thanks to everyone who replied so far.

also, if u have time, check out the other two parts, cuz he changes up his flow and delivery in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how the beat is simple, and I like how everything sounds really crisp. The flow is crisp too, a lot of amateur rappers have nice delivery but their flow just isn't all that crisp, they don't ride the beat all that great, but he does it well. Altogether, I say everything sounds pretty good.

Thanks for the feed btw.

Last edited:
thanks RAnthony. that's not me spittin though, that's the rapper i'm working with. i spit too, but i sound like i'm 15 (i'm actually 19 lol). thanks for the feedback though.

(sorry for the obnoxious title)

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but this seems like a real great place, so I'm going to try to get involved with it. I'm a producer, I've been producing for about 1 1/2 years now, and I'm working with a rapper. I'm looking for feedback on his voice/vocal delivery, anything that anyone thinks could improve his voice/delivery, or if they think it is good. Any comments or criticism are welcome, but please, keep it tasteful if possible.

I've attached the rough draft of our song in 3 parts I produced the beat (no samples), and he's rapping over it. Don't pay attention to the sound quality of the voice, as I didn't take much time to mix the vocals with it being a rough draft (also I'm bad at mixing vocals). Also, during the 8 bars when he doesn't rap, we're going to have a singer singing the chorus.

if anyone wants any feedback on their stuff, I'll also be more than happy to give feedback.

Thanks everyone,
dj b free

The beats dope man i like it.. nice vibe.. you need to go back a layer the vocals man it sounds flat... try laying the verse twice with some adlib accents and use more virocity in the voice like annunciation and the way the words are being said and try when the song breaks to make a thick layerd harmony almost like a nate dogg style in a higher key with that voice may work for a hook and clean the vocals up and eq's great man.

i think professionally mixing and the rapper mastering his craft and you have a banger i like the beat alot on i think the artist should do more with his vocals and bring them up 2.

The beat is really chill. I like it. The kick needs to hit a little harder though. Maybe try and high pitched 808. As for the rapper, meehh.

Peace.

wuts up thanks for the feed back im really feelin that beat

the flow is iight you need to throw some adlibs in there give it more life you kno wut i mean
im not really feeling his flow tho thats just me tho keep it up peace

Tell him to get closer to the mic and he needs to dub his vocals pan both the main and the dub 100 left and 100 right

Thx for the feed homie. On the beat, you def got skills for being somewhat new. I'm still mastering vocals myself, but as far as your's maybe try some adlibs, a shadow track maybe like others said. But there is really only so much you as a producer can do. SOme people got it, some don't, and the rapper doesn't got it. Hes not bad..hes just not that good either. Nothing I would wanna hear again. You got skills tho.

what does everyone think of his voice? can anyone think of any ways he could make his voice sound better, like maybe lowering his voice some, or controlling his accented syllables, or stuff like that?

Back