New Hip-Hop Music -All Feed Back Returned-

Dude that is some good ****. When do you pkan on dropping that album cause i will buy.

To me it kinda has that old school hip-hop sound. Nicely done

Track 1: Don't like it. The instrumental is too busy, and the chorus is delivered monotonously... Dukalion deliver a couple good lines amongst the synthesizers and the cowbells, but are drowned out by the track. Remove everything rock, and throw in more hip-hop elements. Record the chorus again, better.

Track 2: Don't like this either. The track still drowns out the rappers. It's mixed poorly and is over-loud. The lyrics seem to be chopped as far as concept. Is it a party song? Is it a reflective song? Is it a "**** it, it's Saturday" track? The best part is the chorus, where the sample provides some needed relief from the blaring lyrics.

Track 3: Too short for me to care about.

Track 4: Best song on the EP, and yet, I still don't like it. The track is actually good on this one, but not for Dukalion. Maybe I just don't get it, but the lyrics are rather shattered as far as concept and alternate between "hardcore f**ker" and "whiny b***h".

Track 5: I hate this song. I can't stand these bad lyrics. I can't follow or understand them. In addition, the track is /way/ too minimalistic. It might have been better if it was more lively instead of the same thing repeated over and over and over and over... ...and what is with the scratch repeated over and over at the end?

Track 6: Horrible song. Mixed poorly, sounds grainy. The instruments sound weird and mashed together. There's a fine line between experiment And man, these lyrics. I don't even care about what they're sayin' anymore. All I get is that they're better than you and don't give a s***. The chorus is four bars and a repetition of one f**kin word, if you can call it that.

Overall: Dukalion has talent. They just don't have interesting lyrics or interesting songs. Nothing is attaching me to these songs, not emotionally, lyrically, or producing-wise. They need to stop thinkin' they're the s*** and try to become the s***. There are some good lines, don't get me wrong... ...but...
they want change cause our president is black
but I'm tryin' to get dollas, how relevant is that?

they said I could 'em, but never if I rap
and their piggy banks offer ever given crack
a lot of rappers now spit with the worst flows
and mine is all that like Nick Cannon's first show
see, I'm 'suposed to be the truest
hope God can hold me to it
but I'm like a late paper hopin' I don't overdo it

nah I'm not a racist but I'll beat you to the finish
run a marathon, a metaphor
get that stress, to wars
do less to impress the whores
it's clear that he was best for sure

What? They can rhyme, but can't form a statement.

And the songs are trainwreck experiments. There's too much, then there's too little. The samples are played too quiet. Dukalion is played too loud, then too quiet. The song is mixed wrong. It's grainy. They don't compliment Dukalion at all.

Most of this is personal opinion, but I didn't enjoy it. No offense intended.

they want change cause our president is black
but I'm tryin' to get dollas, how relevant is that?

they said I could 'em, but never if I rap
and their piggy banks *are forever gettin cracked
a lot of rappers now spit with the worst flows
and mine is all that like Nick Cannon's first show
see, I'm 'suposed to be the truest
hope God can hold me to it
but I'm like a late paper hopin' I don't overdo it

nah I'm not a racist but I'll beat you to the finish
*run a marathon of a metaphora
*get best dressed awards
do less to impress the whores
it's clear that he was best for sure

and thanks for the feed back man it is appreciated.. also.. I should mention Dukalion is only one person, not the whole group.. Dukalion is the one who goes first on track 1.. the other 2 guys have different names..

Back