Need some feedback on my tracks (Hip hop instrumentals, synthpop, downtempo)

frequentc

(F4F)I've been a hobbying producer for about 2 years or so, and I'd really appreciate some insights on some of my works in progress. I haven't laid out an demo reel yet, and I wanna start working towards something presentable. My identity as a producer isn't concrete, and I usually compose whatever inspires me. Any feedback would be appreciated. Since I'm a fairly new user to this forum, I cannot post direct links, so I just put the links up http-less.

soundcloud.com/frequent_c

My Hip Hop instrumentals are-

soundcloud.com/frequent_c/something-new (this song is my signature)

soundcloud.com/frequent_c/evil-within-1

soundcloud.com/frequent_c/dr-katz (hiphop-ish, but not really lol. made on the iKaossolator for the itouch, so not really a finished project)

Synth pop -

soundcloud.com/frequent_c/conveyor

soundcloud.com/frequent_c/ignition (again, made on the iKaossolator)

Downtempo & Easy Listening-

soundcloud.com/frequent_c/magnetic

soundcloud.com/frequent_c/easy-like-sundaaaaaay

Last edited:
The track Conveyor:

cool buildup and general vibe. it's got that futuristic sound which is cool. I'd say it sounds more like a house track since it's without vocals, but its really cool. especially like the structure, how you varied it a bit letting the tack down and bringing it back up. I think the drums could be better though, maybe try some different sounds, maybe some glitchy sounding drums

dude the quality of your tracks iz hella dope!! the beats and the melodies are hella clean and on point
you work with hardware?
the hip hop joints are fire! specialy evil with
as for the synth pop and downtempo stuff even tho not my kind they sound tiiight ;)
keep em comin bro

ps. that magnetic track is dope, but that drum kit is kinda weak in my opinion

Back