My very FIRST beat. Check it out PLEASE :)

Aeternitas

What up FP'ers!?

So i posted this earlier, but got no feedback... so just trying again..

So i'm fairly new to all this beat production stuff, and to be honest, I wouldn't even dare to call myself a 'producer' yet... There's way too much for me to learn yet before I can don that cap.

Anyway, if you can, please check out a snippet of the first ever beat I have thrown together... be warned, it hasn't had much fixing, mastering, EQ'ing etc... I'm just looking for some feedback either +ve or -ve, doesn't bother me.

Here's the link

http://www.soundclick.com/jeremyjacobproductions

Be honest, be brutal.

Peace,
[j]

listenin now..its very interesting for a 1st beat...u did sumthin way different than wht othr ppl wouldve done their 1st try..lots of percs sounded pretty good..it was different but it wasnt half badd..keep grindin man..

-one

Thanks for peepin out my beat, and again for the feedback. If ya'll can think of anything i should do better for next time, please get at me. I'm always eager to learn and improve my craft.

Thanks, and peace.
[j]

Like the fact that you include all that variety in ur very first beat.........that sort o tells me how good you're gonna become with instrumentals and melodies. It's not easy putting all those sounds together to make organised noise so kudos......and of course with a lil bit of mixing and matching this shud be a real banger....very modern sound.....I like. Like one o da guys advised me...ya gotta read up some more about music and production and elements of sound and all dat jazz...really helps. Keep grinding dude n good luck.
http://www.myspace.com/bakozbeatz

What up fam,

Again, thanks for taking the time to have a listen. I'm in the office at the moment, but I promise i'll definitely check out your beats and hit you back with a feed.

Peace and keep grindin' - i know I will!
[j]

for a first beat your ok but its VERY diffrent just need some mastering like reverb delay,etc and your set congas on first beat were sort of wierd but no biggie

give me some feed back bro
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8000106

Checkin out your beat now djsos202. While I can't exactly blast it here on my office PC speakers, i can mos def get the feel of the beat. You're right man, it does sound dark, especially with the strings and choir. Is that choir part from a sample, or did you use something like Miroslav refill? I can't hear exactly what the voice over is saying right now, but my only suggestion (from the little I can hear at the moment) is to perhaps lower the level on those vocals - if only for the purpose of making it easier for an MC or vocalist to flow over.

But like I said before, i'll definitely check this out when I get home and bump these on my monitors. But all in all, definitely feelin the vibe on this.

Keep grindin.

Peace.
[j]

Yes, Very good for you first beat my only suggestion is to keep at it, the more beats you make the more comfortable you will get and the more aggressive your tracks will get.

Back